PDA

View Full Version : Autograph Signing Help

Sxe59
12-01-2011, 09:20 PM
I'm looking to attend an autograph signing of one of my favorite NFL players. I own a couple of his game worn jerseys and am looking to get them autographed w/ inscriptions of the game date and teams they played against. Looking to see what kind of experiences other people have had getting game used items signed. Do you bring photomatches with you? Thanks in advance for any help, Eric

Cubsfan4life
12-01-2011, 11:26 PM
I personally wouldn't bother with the dates and teams. Maybe ask for a "game used" inscription, but I doubt they would sign the date, etc.

legaleagle92481
12-01-2011, 11:43 PM
if its a public signing the guy probably won't take much time to review photos, coas etc. he will probably just glance at it and the jersey. so its best not to overwhelm him with stuff. as far as specific games you can try if hell do it to me its better than just gu inscription.

solarlottry
12-02-2011, 02:12 AM
I disagree with the notion that an athlete will not take the time to sign his game stats to an authentic GU jersey of his.

There are some that will not inscribe for a variety of reasons, including that they do not believe that the jersey is genuine, their agent will not let them and they are pressed for time.

When I had my Rod Woodson Raiders 2003 gamer signed he was about to add "2003 gamer" until his agent told him not to. He was a little surprised by the comment but did not add the inscription. He even commented that the jersey was authentic and game worn and was apologetic about not adding the inscription. I had the 25$ I had paid for the inscription refunded.

Jerry Rice is another star who knows his own shirts fairly well. I have presented 3 GU jerseys to him and he has signed all 3 exactly how I asked.

What was interesting is that for both signings (one shirt was signed in 2009 and the other 2 in 2010) there was a friend of mine who presented what they thought were gamers and he refused to add any sort of GU inscription to either. He signed both but told one person that the shirt was NOT GU. The other shirt was worn in a historically significant game and Rice became annoyed that the shirt had been sold by Bronco almost 22 years prior. He was not annoyed at my friend but at the fact that he did not have the jersey in his possession as he had thought. My buddy told me Rice was fairly cool about it though but still would NOT add GU in any form!

Steve Young was another very cool signer and added his game stats to the signature. He also got a kick out of seeing his old gamer and knew that the shirt was his right away.

I have also had numerous other 49ers sign their gamers and add all sorts of interesting inscriptions. The majority of the players have all been quite pleased to see their old gamers and many have commented how beat up the shirts are or even "why do you have this rag?"-Randy Cross!!!

There have been a few players that were absolutely against signing anything except what they specifically state at the signing. Both Deion Sanders and Ricky Jackson were like that.

Deion would ONLY sign his name and "prime time" and Jackson would only sign and add "HOF 2010".

I have posted images of many of these inscribed gamers, including the Rice shirts, a Steve Young game worn on MNF vs. the Saints in 1994, a Brent Jones playoff shirt, 2010 Vernon Davis IS gamer, Earl Cooper's SB gamer from 1981 and the 1994 Deion and Ricky Jackson shirts where they would only sign specific things.

Always buying 49er gamers and ALL 1994 49ers GU items! Paying a finders fee.

Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com