PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Game Issued A-ROD Steiner Holo EBAY

mook03005
12-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Hey guys, Im looking for some subject matter experts for Yankees gear and the whole Steiner Hologram bit. Ive bought from this seller before, who seems ok however Ive noticed he carries alot of game issued items. In particular I was looking at this A-rod GI jersey he has for sale. He stated that it comes with a steiner COA but no numbers (dont think you can even look them up Steiner anyway). Your thoughts please on this jersey. Is it too good to be true on the price or am I wasting my time on possibly a scrub GI player customized as A-ROD.

Mook

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180765590962?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

gnishiyama
12-01-2011, 10:04 PM
I have bought 10's of both player issued and used Yankees game jerseys
from Steiner and each and every single one came with a LETTER stating
which player the jersey was issued to or used by. I have seen instances
where the letter states just the number on the jersey's back and does
not attribute it to any player.

Although the COA looks legit, I can say with certainty Steiner would not
let an Arod jersey slip out as an un-named "issued' jersey. I've
never handled an Arod Yankees jersey but the ones I've seen or been
offered they were all size 48 with some sort of customizations.

Here's one that just finished on Grey Flannel.

http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=26122&searchby=0&searchvalue=None&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=50&category=1&seo=7%2f25%2f2010-Alex-Rodriguez-NY-Yankees-Game-Used-Home-Jersey-with-Steinbrenner-%26-Sheppard-Patches-%26-Hou

I think you can draw your conclusion from this information.

mook03005
12-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Thanks Goh

I was thinking the same thing, as notable of a player that A-rod is, Steiner would have had to issue something annotating that this jersey was Game issued/Worn etc. Thanks again for the info

legaleagle92481
12-01-2011, 11:39 PM
watch steiner stuff on ebay their coas are easily faked and the holograms can be moved from one item to another. alot of faked stuff turns up until they make the numbers searchable online. if you have a steiner question call your rep. they will look at items for you tell you if they think they are legit. i do it whenever i buy a steiner item unless i buy it from someone i know and trust.

BULBUS
12-02-2011, 09:33 AM
The jersey is an authentic Yankees game issued jersey in which the number 13 was added. the jersey was not issued to AROD.

mook03005
12-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks guys ....Be careful out there ha ha