PDA

View Full Version : A New Forum Policy I Suggest

trsent
11-29-2011, 11:02 PM
If someone is going to call out a suspicious or questionable item, shouldn't you be required to post the auction item number and/or a link to the listing with your post?

Just randomly calling out an item even if you show pictures and mention the auction house it still can be confused with a similar item and it takes a lot of time to look for items posted in discussions that do not have an item number or link.

What does everyone think of this policy being adopted?

Preston
11-30-2011, 12:19 PM
I'm personally all for it - after all, what's the point if there's no evidence to look at?

legaleagle92481
11-30-2011, 01:51 PM
Sounds like a great idea sometimes people post selective facts on here as well so that would help prevent stuff from getting skewed as well.

otismalibu
11-30-2011, 02:23 PM
I'd also suggest public caning for:

a) individuals who quote photos
b) those who have no idea how to use an apostrophe

both-teams-played-hard
11-30-2011, 03:32 PM

Some of my best friend's cannot use apostrope's.

trsent
11-30-2011, 10:06 PM
Some of my best friend's cannot use apostrope's.

Is that a medical or mental condition?

both-teams-played-hard
11-30-2011, 10:26 PM
Is that a medical or mental condition? Medical condition's are subjective. But all in all: Good teacher's are hard to find.

soxwin1
11-30-2011, 10:40 PM
I'd also suggest public caning for:

a) individuals who quote photos

Can we also add
" I love that ...... ( spike, jersey, obsure minor league player, etc)
" Where did you get that"
" How much did you pay"

3 of Lettermans top ten questions as posted monthly in the Pick up of the month club thread:cool:

ironmanfan
12-01-2011, 02:09 PM
I suggest the removal of the term "hammered."

godwulf
12-01-2011, 02:53 PM

Unless it appears that the item in question might actually, literally have been hammered.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1db35b3127ccefd486e4bcfb500000030O02EbsmzVu0ZA9 vPhw/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1db35b3127ccefd49fda0afc300000030O02EbsmzVu0ZA9 vPhw/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

:rolleyes:

both-teams-played-hard
12-01-2011, 03:53 PM

+1

Mulligans
12-01-2011, 03:54 PM
And also I would like to see a policy where moderators tell us why they randomly delete postings???

I dont know......I just find it kind of awkward and embarrassing to delete someones harmless comments?

I mean really deleting a post where I was curious what an Item on GF would go for and remind other collectors that the Auction ended that day??? Really....What harm could that be? It may be seen as a "conflict" but heck, I'm just helping out other collectors.

I once tried to respond to someones post and poof....all of a sudden it was gone......very weird....oh well what can you do?:)

both-teams-played-hard
12-01-2011, 04:00 PM
And also I would like to see a policy where moderators tell us why they randomly delete postings???

I dont know......I just find it kind of awkward and embarrassing to delete someones harmless comments?

I mean really deleting a post where I was curious what an Item on GF would go for and remind other collectors that the Auction ended that day??? Really....What harm could that be? It may be seen as a "conflict" but heck, I'm just helping out other collectors.

I once tried to respond to someones post and poof....all of a sudden it was gone......very weird....oh well what can you do?:)

First of all. I am against an edit feature. There is a reason for the "Preview Post" button. Just proof-read and be sure you want to post anyway.
I like when a moderator edits a post a adds the reason for the edit as: typo.
I seriously do appreciate the work of all the moderators on this board. It must be tiresome.

trsent
06-20-2012, 11:32 PM
I thought maybe it would be a good time to revisit the concept I originally posted. If you are going to call an item into question, please post an eBay item number or a link to the item in questions.

No reason anyone should post a random item is bad without giving a link or item number to that item. It is half-way through 2012 and if you still can't post links you need a simple lesson in highlighting the web address bar, clicking CTRL-A, CTRL-C and then going to the message you are posting and clicking CTRL-V.

It is not fair that items get questioned with generalizations where to find them where there may be similar items that are mistaken for questioned item.

I really believe a rule should be adopted to the forum by-laws that an auction house item number, eBay item number or a link to the item should be included with all discussions on this forum.

There are millions of items for sale on eBay at a time - This concept is common sense.

trsent
07-13-2012, 03:13 AM
I thought maybe it would be a good time to revisit the concept I originally posted. If you are going to call an item into question, please post an eBay item number or a link to the item in questions.

No reason anyone should post a random item is bad without giving a link or item number to that item. It is half-way through 2012 and if you still can't post links you need a simple lesson in highlighting the web address bar, clicking CTRL-A, CTRL-C and then going to the message you are posting and clicking CTRL-V.

It is not fair that items get questioned with generalizations where to find them where there may be similar items that are mistaken for questioned item.

I really believe a rule should be adopted to the forum by-laws that an auction house item number, eBay item number or a link to the item should be included with all discussions on this forum.

There are millions of items for sale on eBay at a time - This concept is common sense.

Just wondering, have the moderators considered my suggestions from this thread? It has been months and I don't see any changes.

trsent
07-21-2012, 11:44 AM
If someone is going to call out a suspicious or questionable item, shouldn't you be required to post the auction item number and/or a link to the listing with your post?

Just randomly calling out an item even if you show pictures and mention the auction house it still can be confused with a similar item and it takes a lot of time to look for items posted in discussions that do not have an item number or link.

What does everyone think of this policy being adopted?

Isn't it aboout time this policy was added to the GUU rules?