PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver Canucks Game Worn Program. Embarrasing

gingi79
11-29-2011, 09:12 PM
When the powers that be in Vancouver didn't suffer from Stenier-like greed and were with MeiGray, jerseys were easily available and priced in typical price norms. When they left, I knew my collection would never grow with a direct purchase due to insane prices except I relented and tried to pre-order two jerseys. They decided to keep them, without notice. Great customer service! I sometimes wish I didn't know so much about how little teams care about fans.

They are being transparent with the new "rules" but all I see is: We will continue to rip you off and use any excuse to do so. First, prices are 50-75 percent higher than MeiGray and 60 to 80% above resale secondary market. But even at these ridiculous prices:

1) The Vancouver Canucks reserve the right to retain any jersey, including jerseys which have been pre-ordered. (They did this to me twice last season)

2) A surcharge may be added to any milestone jersey which has been pre-ordered. (So if you get lucky and something incredible happens in a jersey you pre-order, they can just charge more even if you already paid for it. Isn't that illegal?)

3) All sales are final. No refunds, exchanges or credits will be given (In other words, if the wear sucks or looks like crap, you are stuck. MeiGray would let you switch to another jersey, no fees. Maybe that's why MeiGray is unequaled and teams are disgusting, greedy lying scumbag messes)

4) If applicable, Stanley Cup finals jerseys will not be for sale. (Thanks for adding this Canucks! Considering I was promised and then assured months before the Finals last year that I could get one and it was set aside for me to purchase)

Sorry for the rant but I hate liars and greedy people. Exposing the little known 'douchebag" side of the hobby is just as important as the scammers.

trsent
11-29-2011, 09:19 PM
When the powers that be in Vancouver didn't suffer from Stenier-like greed and were with MeiGray, jerseys were easily available and priced in typical price norms. When they left, I knew my collection would never grow with a direct purchase due to insane prices except I relented and tried to pre-order two jerseys. They decided to keep them, without notice. Great customer service! I sometimes wish I didn't know so much about how little teams care about fans.

They are being transparent with the new "rules" but all I see is: We will continue to rip you off and use any excuse to do so. First, prices are 50-75 percent higher than MeiGray and 60 to 80% above resale secondary market. But even at these ridiculous prices:

1) The Vancouver Canucks reserve the right to retain any jersey, including jerseys which have been pre-ordered. (They did this to me twice last season)

2) A surcharge may be added to any milestone jersey which has been pre-ordered. (So if you get lucky and something incredible happens in a jersey you pre-order, they can just charge more even if you already paid for it. Isn't that illegal?)

3) All sales are final. No refunds, exchanges or credits will be given (In other words, if the wear sucks or looks like crap, you are stuck. MeiGray would let you switch to another jersey, no fees. Maybe that's why MeiGray is unequaled and teams are disgusting, greedy lying scumbag messes)

4) If applicable, Stanley Cup finals jerseys will not be for sale. (Thanks for adding this Canucks! Considering I was promised and then assured months before the Finals last year that I could get one and it was set aside for me to purchase)

Sorry for the rant but I hate liars and greedy people. Exposing the little known 'douchebag" side of the hobby is just as important as the scammers.

This is more reasons to hate The Canucks.

Come over to the dark side - In Chicago we are now a winning franchise with a Cup in my lifetime and ambassadors who are some of the greatest names in history (Bobby Hull, Stan Mikita, Tony Esposito & Denis Savard) plus our franchise only sells a limited amount a jerseys through their charity each year usually at live auctions.

Finally, you won't have to root for a Sedin anymore.

Mulligans
11-29-2011, 09:28 PM
WOW....that sucks! That really is pitiful.....Thanks to Barry at Meigray, I was able to secure regular season....playoffs....and home and away Finals Jerseys of my favorite Bruins player!

Not only did I get great Jerseys but I also got great customer service.

ncbadges
11-30-2011, 08:05 AM
Thats why they can keep their jerseys.

ncb

legaleagle92481
11-30-2011, 01:17 PM
This is more reasons to hate The Canucks.

Come over to the dark side - In Chicago we are now a winning franchise with a Cup in my lifetime and ambassadors who are some of the greatest names in history (Bobby Hull, Stan Mikita, Tony Esposito & Denis Savard) plus our franchise only sells a limited amount a jerseys through their charity each year usually at live auctions.

Finally, you won't have to root for a Sedin anymore.

Joel,

The Hawks sold their jerseys online last year I don't know about now or years before that. The prices were very high from what I recall.

trsent
11-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Joel,

The Hawks sold their jerseys online last year I don't know about now or years before that. The prices were very high from what I recall.

You are correct. HawkQuarters used to have old jerseys available. I totally spaced it. That is why the lost 4-1 last night to an over-achieving Phoenix team.

I do believe they stopped selling jerseys through the team store and web site in the past year.