PDA

View Full Version : Redsfest 2011

notxpensv4u
11-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Redsfest starts Friday through Saturday. Anyone attending? This is my 4th Redsfest and I have alot of concerns. The Reds have sold game used items through the gift shop this year, I wonder if the Community fund will have any quality items? Also looks like the players commiting to attend have dropped. Hopefully it will be as good as the past, my daughter is excited to meet the players.

chakes89
11-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Not sure if you have seen or heard yet, but it looks like most, if not all, remaining items are going to be sold through some sort of auction on Friday night.

I saw that information on the redfest page on reds.com over the weekend

This new development and last year's mess will more than likely keep me away for the first time in 5 years.

murfsteve25
11-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Redsfest = yawn...

They dont have anybody good on their team with the exception of a few. For those of us who live in the Dayton and surrounding areas...most of us already have had guys like Votto, Bruce and Stubbs from their Dragons days or past Redsfest signings. So it's pretty much pointless to go. Their game used items are really lame because most likely they will be selling a lot of the common players equipment. And if you want a star like Votto or Bruce then be prepared to fork over a lot. And as for their alumni signings....you can get George Foster anytime you want. The other guys arent even worth standing in line for in my opinion unless your a true diehard Reds fan.

Redsman20
12-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Kind of like David Justice.

notxpensv4u
12-08-2011, 04:39 AM
Had a great time at Redsfest!! The collector in me wanted game used items I could flip and like previous Redsfest's the good items were usually picked up in the first hour. The father in me watched as my daughter got to meet and get autographs from all her favorite players. Memories were made and isn't that what is important?