PDA

View Full Version : Removing Sharpie from Jersey Number

AstrosGU
11-27-2011, 12:35 AM
I did a forum search but was unable to come up with much.

Are there any members that have tried removing a personalization or an autograph from a jersey number? Are there any companies that can do this?

I found a game used jersey that I would love to add to my collection, however, the personalization is a huge deterrent for me. It is personalized in black sharpie on a white jersey number.

Is there anything I could do??

farris4292
11-27-2011, 07:54 AM
Here is THE only thing that works. Its called "MOSTENBOCKERS LIFT OFF LATEX BASED PAINT REMOVER." It will take about 3 days of using to remove the marker. Just apply the liquid (comes in a big spray bottle or a little pouring bottle) then rub or blot dry with a towel. Put a towel in between the jerseyalso to prevent it going through the other side. I tried everything the internet said to do and NOTHING worked. Then I found this product in Home Depot paint section. Its a yellow and white bottle. SPREAD THE WORD!!!!

AstrosGU
11-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Here is THE only thing that works. Its called "MOSTENBOCKERS LIFT OFF LATEX BASED PAINT REMOVER." It will take about 3 days of using to remove the marker. Just apply the liquid (comes in a big spray bottle or a little pouring bottle) then rub or blot dry with a towel. Put a towel in between the jerseyalso to prevent it going through the other side. I tried everything the internet said to do and NOTHING worked. Then I found this product in Home Depot paint section. Its a yellow and white bottle. SPREAD THE WORD!!!!

And this stuff took the sharpie off completely with no remnants of the inscription or autograph?

farris4292
11-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Yes. Apply the cleaner and wipe it off at least 6 times a day over 3- 5 days. Make sure you rinse the jersey with water after ever application. It may take you longer since you have a white number. Just have patience and it will work. I took a silver paint pen and a black sharpie off with it.

AstrosGU
12-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Farris can you email me please??

nevrdiez34
12-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Does anyone have pictures showing examples of before and after using the Motsenbockers product? I have a Jeff Samardzija GU jersey that I asked him to sign "Jeff Samardzija game used 2008". He misheard me and wrote "Jeff Samardzija Game used '10". And when I told him of the mistake he tried to correct it by writing '08 over the '10, but it still looks more like '10. I was thinking of trying to remove the year inscription and leaving "Jeff Samardzija Game Used", but am apprehensive of the results.

nevrdiez34
12-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Oh, and the Samardzija jersey is a Cubs road jersey signed in silver paint pen on a blue number.

farris4292
12-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Yes the paint pen will easily come off with that product. Paint pens come off 100 times easier than a sharpie. I used it to removes a black sharpie off a burgundy number and a silver paint pen off a silver number. Ill try to find pics of the before.

farris4292
12-15-2011, 05:47 PM
Yes the paint pen will easily come off with that product. Paint pens come off 100 times easier than a sharpie. I used it to removes a black sharpie off a burgundy number and a silver paint pen off a silver number. Ill try to find pics of the before.
Sorry I meant silver paint pen off a burgundy number

nevrdiez34
12-26-2011, 05:10 PM
That would be great! Thanks farris