PDA

View Full Version : Question About Cleats

frikativ54
11-26-2011, 06:07 PM
I'm curious as to how many pairs of cleats players go through per year. Do they typically order one order in spring training, and that's it for the year? Or do they order some for the preseason, some for the beginning of the regular season, and some throughout the year?

I ask because in going through my game used cleats, I see manufacturing dates throughout the year. One pair, for instance, was made on April 1 of one season, and another was made on May 1. I begin to wonder just how many pairs of spikes players use per season, along with where they all end up.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

I appreciate it.

-Frik :)

AndersonAuthentics
11-26-2011, 06:20 PM
Varies based on their equipment contracts/purchasing habits. Traditionally it seems that the average player goes through about four-five pairs of spikes per year. If they have an equipment deal then they can get around a dozen pairs for the year, but most players won't use that many.

Recently got some stuff from a player that used eleven pairs this season (three of which were from the postseason alone).

frikativ54
11-26-2011, 09:34 PM
Varies based on their equipment contracts/purchasing habits. Traditionally it seems that the average player goes through about four-five pairs of spikes per year. If they have an equipment deal then they can get around a dozen pairs for the year, but most players won't use that many.

When you say traditionally, do you just mean characteristic of most players throughout the past twenty years? And is it typical that they order more pairs during the season?

Recently got some stuff from a player that used eleven pairs this season (three of which were from the postseason alone).

Wow - Eleven Pairs! That's amazing that a player would need to use that many. Did the athlete get that many to wear and give away? Or did he just like squeaky-clean spikes?

AndersonAuthentics
11-27-2011, 12:27 AM
When you say traditionally, do you just mean characteristic of most players throughout the past twenty years? And is it typical that they order more pairs during the season?

Wow - Eleven Pairs! That's amazing that a player would need to use that many. Did the athlete get that many to wear and give away? Or did he just like squeaky-clean spikes?

Can't speak for all players obviously, but based on the players I have contact with that seems to be about the norm. They'll receive spikes throughout the season, yes. It all depends on the players though. For a different example, I know a player on an exclusive spikes/batting gloves deal with a major manufacturer and he got three to four different shipments in this season.

Not to give away or to sell, just got that many because he wanted to switch it up. Changed his brand of choice early in the season, tried two different models from a different company, liked em both and ordered up a handful of pairs of each. He didn't want to bother with switching out his laces, so he had three of the same style pairs with three different lace colors and two of a different style pair with different lace colors, all so that he could wear a pair with laces that would match the uniform.

joelsabi
11-27-2011, 03:56 PM
according to an article i read in scd years ago, the article had stats of an average of 6 pairs of cleats a year with a low of 4 pairs. since cleats are bought by the players and not the team, i would imagine players who have a shoe sponsorship would have more cleats a year but that doesnt mean that they were necessarily used during the season,so do your homework as usual. as mentioned, each player has a personal preference for wearing new cleats