PDA

View Full Version : tony romo

Meli61989
11-25-2011, 07:08 PM
i need help identifying a game worn romo jersey its blue 09/48 i used a black light but doesnt seem to help me much found a spot on left sleeve bottom so lead me to believe its from washington redskins game also most of left is dirty most visible and has stains red and dirt type color on 9 and reebok logo if anyone can help would really be thankful

gminletfitness
11-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Nice Jersey! Where did you get it??

Meli61989
11-26-2011, 10:56 PM
From cowboys marketing through another collector :) love it just need help matching still

slats7
11-28-2011, 11:55 AM
A few pics from that Washington game in 2009.

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/9905/cowboysredskinsfootball.jpg

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9261/ch51sundec272009082812p.jpg

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/8341/ch51sundec272009112748p.jpg

solarlottry
11-28-2011, 11:09 PM
I wonder if the front # 9 is bent at the bottom due to the way he is wearing it or because of the way in which it is sewn on? The shirt would NOT be a photo-match if the bottom part of the 9 was sewn closer to the top part as it appears in the game photos but not in the images of the jersey.

I have quite a few 49er gamers that I thought were matches (or not matches for that matter) but was able to use how the #s or letters are sewn to determine a match. If the # or letter is sewn on a certain way, then regardless of how the jersey is worn, a match can be made or discredited.

I have had gamers that have had supposedly iron-clad provenance, but once the jersey was in hand and the games viewed on dvd, a photo-match was not possible.

I have also had gamers that were nearly impossible to match without the jersey in hand and the entire game watched on dvd. Utilizing the manner in which #s, letters and patches are sewn to the shirt has helped immensely in the photo-matching endeavor.

My Steve Young 1998 Pro Bowl gamer's match is based on how the NFL shield is situated with regards to the collar, chest seam and other parts of the jersey. It is also based on the way the sleeves have various "curves and dips" in the fabric as the blue portion is fairly rigid compared to the jersey.

With this Romo shirt I would look for images that show a front #9 with a similar pattern with regards to distance between each part of the #. Some distortion can occur when the shirt is worn but if something is sewn in a particular way, that detail can provide a great starting and endpoint for a definitive match.

Another clue or source of a match might be the way the NFL shield is situated on the Romo jersey. If anyone remembers this forum got NFL auctions to remove a supposed GU Tom Brady jersey from their auction because the NFL shield did not match up with the game the jersey was supposedly worn.

Always buying 49ers gamers and ALL 1994 49er gamers. Paying up to a 500$ finders fee for quality items!!!

Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

Meli61989
11-28-2011, 11:54 PM
thanks so much for the info and think that's the way he was wearing it and also thanks to the other helper for the photos I need to find this game on DVD and more photos for sure