PDA

View Full Version : Packers jersey help needed

Gridiron Heroes
11-23-2011, 06:38 AM
Anyone here familiar w/ this tagging? Is this a store bought jersey? I'm not a Packers expert by any means. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GREEN-BAY-PACKERS-FOOTBALL-JERSEY-/280778064286?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item415fad419e

Shawn Kennedy
GridironHeroes22@yahoo.com
GridironHeroes.net

Flamechicken
11-23-2011, 08:16 PM
It doesn't appear to be a jersey issued to the Packers from Starter. I've never seen the Pro-Line tag that is on top of the Starter Packers tag on any game worn jerseys. I have a jersey from 1996 and it does not have the two tags. I also believe that most, if not all, should have a small size flag tag attached to the Starter Packers tag. In this instance it should have a "44" tag attached.

Another thing that is interesting is the fact that it has a nameplate sewn on it, which makes no sense. Since the numbering is tackle twill (which the Packers went back to in 1995), the name on the nameplate would also be tackle twill. With that being said, why would Starter issue a jersey to any team with a blank nameplate attached? Upon receipt from Starter, the team would have to remove the nameplate and reattach one with tackle twill lettering, it doesn't make sense.

Lastly, since this is a Starter jersey and has tackle twill numbers, it must be from the '95 or '96 season. With that being said, the jersey should have the modern year-size tag on the neck.

With ALL that being said, it looks like a store bought jersey. Just my opinion,
Mike

sox83cubs84
11-24-2011, 06:13 PM
Definitely retail. The bottom tag is found on gamers, the top one is retail only. Also there should be a strip tag in the collar with year and size if it's pro-issue.

Dave Miedema

Gridiron Heroes
11-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Thanks to both Mike and Dave for their help!

Shawn Kennedy
GopherJerseys.com
GridironHeroes.net
gridironheroes22@yahoo.com