PDA

View Full Version : Minor League Baseball Uni Maker News

Insomniac186
11-22-2011, 12:26 AM
I spoke to a person in charge of ordering the uniforms for a Minor League team in California. He told me that Majestic is not renewing their license to make MiLB jerseys and thus will focus solely on MLB jerseys. He also said that his team (and probably several others) will not be going with Rawlings for uniforms this season because that are DOUBLING the price of their uniforms. The other uni options for MiLB are Russell and Wilson. He said his team will probably go with Wilson.

Also of note, he said that New Era's exclusive license for MiLB caps expires in two years. Not sure if their MLB license does as well (makes sense, it would be 20 years). Due to the amount of complaints from MiLB players about the quality of New Era's caps (all MiLB on-field caps are now made in China), I wouldn't be surprised if they went with another company. The guy that I talked to also said that New Era is not an easy company to deal with. Oddly enough, the Sacramento River Cats just received a shipment of US-made caps. The River Cats rep I spoke with said that there were many complaints about the Chinese-made caps so perhaps New Era gave in and made their batch here.