PDA

View Full Version : Advise Needed

obpercent1
11-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Folks,
I just picked up this game used ball from the 99 All Star Game and now have the chance to have Pedro Martinez sign it. What do you say yes or no keep it as is ? I already have my ticket from the game signed by him with a nice shadow box for the ball as well.
Thanks

lakeerie92
11-21-2011, 10:54 PM
I am against signed game used baseball, but that is just my opinion. It really comes down to what you prefer.

joelsabi
11-21-2011, 11:01 PM
Folks,
I just picked up this game used ball from the 99 All Star Game and now have the chance to have Pedro Martinez sign it. What do you say yes or no keep it as is ? I already have my ticket from the game signed by him with a nice shadow box for the ball as well.
Thanks

one thing i consider is whether his signature is the same now as it was in 1999 as his sig may have changed over time. for example, i would not consider getting any of ARod's Mariners items signed now. but thats just my preference.
it would be cool if the signatures on the two items matched.

kylehess10
11-21-2011, 11:33 PM
I'd get it signed if the ball looked new, but this baseball would look absolutely fine without an auto on it. I'd leave it as it is

R. C. Walker
11-21-2011, 11:51 PM
A signature would look much better than that sticker . . . .

frikativ54
11-22-2011, 09:31 AM
Folks,
Thanks

Keep it as it is. Nothing looks worse on a baseball than a faded or bleeding signature. It looks great now, and it sounds like you've already gotten Pedro's auto.

trsent
11-22-2011, 03:41 PM
Folks,
Thanks

If it will mean a lot to you, have him sign it right below the All-Star logo.

Don't worry about the future value, do what you will appreciate more down the road.