PDA

View Full Version : New Uni's for 2012 Season

Danny899
11-16-2011, 10:04 PM
It looks like the Orioles are going back to the smiling bird cap from the old days. Both the white dome and black dome styles. I always loved that logo. Brings me right back to my childhood years. Other than the already mentioned Miami Marlins, does anyone know any teams that are wearing different styles of uniforms or caps for next year? It seems like the Angels had every type of throwback jersey worn in their history this past season. That 61 home white was awesome. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Dan

LastingsMilledge85
11-16-2011, 10:08 PM
Padres and Mets have already released their new uniforms, while the Blue Jays are next.

frikativ54
11-16-2011, 11:26 PM
It looks like the Orioles are going back to the smiling bird cap from the old days. Both the white dome and black dome styles. I always loved that logo. Brings me right back to my childhood years. Other than the already mentioned Miami Marlins, does anyone know any teams that are wearing different styles of uniforms or caps for next year? It seems like the Angels had every type of throwback jersey worn in their history this past season. That 61 home white was awesome. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Dan

The Astros will be wearing throwbacks every Friday in 2012 for their 50th anniversary.

Danny899
11-16-2011, 11:26 PM
Padres and Mets have already released their new uniforms, while the Blue Jays are next.

I just checked out your post through the MLB site. You're right, the Mets are going back to the 2 color lettering of the 60's and 70's. They dropped the 3rd color of the black bacground. I wish I could get a Berra made up from MLB, but I don't think they will do past players customization. Thanks for the info, Milledge85. I appreciate it!

Dan

Danny899
11-16-2011, 11:38 PM
The Astros will be wearing throwbacks every Friday in 2012 for their 50th anniversary.

Les,
Are they the style from their first year? Any pictures anywhere? Thanks for the info.
Dan

gingi79
11-16-2011, 11:43 PM
Toronto's teaser video for Friday looks like they are bringing back the 1992 jerseys and hats. I could NOT be happier! It's my all time favorite hat, the solid blue with original Blue Jay logo. The cartoon Oriole, the old Blue Jay, bringing back the looks of my childhood in MLB. Too bad San Diego didn't bring back the 1984 McDonalds Brown Uni's. Now if we could just get the Mariners to bring back their early 80's jerseys too....

Looking forward to getting me an all Blue 7 and 5/8 cap of my childhood very soon!

frikativ54
11-17-2011, 12:20 AM
Les,
Are they the style from their first year? Any pictures anywhere? Thanks for the info.
Dan

http://www.bigleaguebaseballs.com/main/astros-50th-anniversary-ball/

They will be wearing several different styles, all on Friday home games, throughout the 2012 season. I'm assuming that means first year throwback jerseys.

Danny899
11-17-2011, 08:33 AM
http://www.bigleaguebaseballs.com/main/astros-50th-anniversary-ball/

They will be wearing several different styles, all on Friday home games, throughout the 2012 season. I'm assuming that means first year throwback jerseys.

Are your Astros celebrating their 50th year by being forced into the American League or is that just rumor?

CampWest
11-17-2011, 08:33 AM
On Tuesday 11/22, the Royals are announcing "small updates to uniforms". Per Royals tweet.

frikativ54
11-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Are your Astros celebrating their 50th year by being forced into the American League or is that just rumor?

They are celebrating their 51st year by moving to the AL West; the move should happen in 2013. I've heard the rumors be substantiated. The only good thing about that is that I live in Seattle and will be able to see the 'Stros play much more often.

frikativ54
11-17-2011, 01:23 PM
They are celebrating their 51st year by moving to the AL West; the move should happen in 2013. I've heard the rumors be substantiated. The only good thing about that is that I live in Seattle and will be able to see the 'Stros play much more often.

Here's the article from MLB.com:

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20111117&content_id=25992120&vkey=news_hou&c_id=hou&partnerId=ed-4862182-233434004.

project 4
11-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Here's the article from MLB.com:

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20111117&content_id=25992120&vkey=news_hou&c_id=hou&partnerId=ed-4862182-233434004.

I've been an Astros fan since the 80's. When I moved to Arlington I stopped watching them except for when they went to the playoffs. I always thought it would be great if they could be in the same division as the Rangers and now it's going to finally happen. None of the traditionalist are going to really like it but I think it will be a great rivalry. Was a huge Bagwell and Griffey fan in the 90's and collected their stuff (mostly mags and cards). Too bad Griffey is not in Seattle anymore. =(

CampWest
11-22-2011, 04:23 PM
On Tuesday 11/22, the Royals are announcing "small updates to uniforms". Per Royals tweet.

1. All Star game logo on right sleeve.
2. "Subtle" color changes.

KANSAS CITY -- Subtle changes in the Royals' uniforms were unveiled on Tuesday, but there's one striking addition that signals a big event for Kansas City -- the 2012 All-Star Game logo.
The logo is affixed to the right sleeve of all four versions of the Royals uniform. The All-Star Game, the first in Kansas City since 1973, will be on July 10 at Kauffman Stadium. Pitcher Aaron Crow and hitting coach Kevin Seitzer modeled the newest versions of the uniforms at the Diamond Club at the stadium.
http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/images/2011/11/22/BQQAU43V.jpg
Aaron Crow and Kevin Seitzer show off the updated uniforms. (Chris Vleisides/Royals)
The powder blue jersey, so popular with fans that it has been the biggest seller at retail shops, is now a bolder version of the color to more closely match the original uniforms worn by earlier teams in the heyday of George Brett, Frank White and Kevin Appier.
"Our blue really wasn't what we wore back then," said Kevin Uhlich, the Royals' senior vice president-business operations.
In addition, the "Royals" script in front has been changed from dark blue to white with a blue outline and the number on the front is now dark blue instead of white. The powder blues usually are worn for day games at home.
Out are the caps with the powder blue crown. The traditional royal blue cap will be worn instead.
Also changed are the road gray uniforms, going to a deeper blue-gray tonal quality, with the piping on the jersey and pants changed to dual blue and white from only blue. The "Kansas City" script on the jersey front has been re-tooled into the same style font as the "Royals" script used elsewhere.
"We just think it all flows together better," Uhlich said. "It was a good way to clean it up."
Except for the All-Star patch, the home white uniforms and the dark blue alternate road jerseys are unchanged. The dark blues usually are worn for Sunday road games. The new versions of the uniforms are available online (http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=708159&cp=1452354.1452779) and at the Royals Majestic Team Store at Kauffman Stadium. The store will be open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT on Friday and from noon to 5 p.m. on Saturday during the Kansas-Missouri football game at neighboring Arrowhead Stadium. After that, the store will be open Dec. 19-23, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. except on Dec. 20 when it will close at 6 p.m.

Dick Kaegel (dick.kaegel@mlb.com) is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.