PDA

View Full Version : MLB auction shipping costs

OaklandAsFan
11-14-2011, 10:43 PM
So last night I won two jerseys and I have to pay $12 EACH for shipping, today I was looking at batting gloves and they want $15 to ship them. First of all the dual shipping charge is ridiculous but to have a higher shipping charge for a pair of batting gloves than a jersey?!?!?

frikativ54
11-14-2011, 10:52 PM
Were the auctions from two different teams? That might explain the discrepancy in shipping prices.

OaklandAsFan
11-14-2011, 11:08 PM
it was the fall league stuff and actually no, they were both for the Phoenix Desert Dogs.

OaklandAsFan
11-14-2011, 11:09 PM
it was the fall league stuff and actually no, they were both for the Phoenix Desert Dogs.

oh neverming, I misread what you said.

As I said the jerseys were from the fall league, the batting gloves I specifically looked at were the Justin Upton gloves, not really interested in buying any (batting gloves really aren't my thing) I was just looking and noticed the shipping cost.

tbone90
11-15-2011, 01:26 PM
I've long since given up trying to put any rhyme or reason to the MLB auctions shipping costs. Now to be sure, I do realize that many items are shipped by the teams themselves and not MLB so there's no set shipping matrix but still. I've paid as little as $10 to have a base with the metal post shipped and as much as $18 to have a lineup card shipped from a few states away. Anymore I just check and know the shipping cost so that it's taken into consideration when I'm bidding.

Klattsy
11-23-2011, 01:37 AM
You should try international post. Up to $100 for a jersey/cleats (although not so bad recently - $60 is max i've seen). I think it's because they use the bees knees of postal tracking.

Maybe it's delivered under a cloche and the postie opens it in front of you...

OaklandAsFan
11-23-2011, 09:22 PM
paid twice for shipping two jerseys that showed up packaged together in one small box today.