PDA

View Full Version : How do YOU store your game used jersey's

Buster23!
11-14-2011, 10:26 PM
I know there is probley a thread on this vary question. Or maybe it is "How to store GU jerseys". I would like to know how do you store YOUR game used jerseys. My grampa had a couple of old baseball jerseys on a hanger and I think bugs or something got ahold of them because there was holes all over them. Hell, I just dont want the same to happen to mine LOL

mad87man
11-14-2011, 10:36 PM
I keep them in plastic bags they came in and on a bookshelf i have in my room.

legaleagle92481
11-14-2011, 10:51 PM
Guys, read Greg's article on this. From what i understand hangers and bags are not good ways to store jerseys long term.

BU54CB
11-14-2011, 11:23 PM
I store my jerseys on mannequins in my display room. No direct sunlight or artificial light, constant temperatures, and no bugs.

HawaiiSportsNut
11-15-2011, 04:59 PM
Guys, read Greg's article on this. From what i understand hangers and bags are not good ways to store jerseys long term.

Do you have a link to Greg's article? Thanks...

HawaiiSportsNut
11-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Sorry I should have done a search first. I found Greg's article.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=34195&page=4

Buster23!
11-16-2011, 09:34 AM
WOW!!! Greg wrote one hell of a great thread. He left no stone unturned with that one. And the sourse he got it from, does it get any better than that? Thanks Greg and thanks for pasting his thread on here

Mulligans
11-16-2011, 12:07 PM
I like to store them on white plastic hangers in a dark secure closet with nameplates all facing one way......I want to be able to flip the switch, look at them quickly and easily and show them off whenever possible.

If they survived a serious pounding on Sunday afternoons, I'm fairly certain that they will survive in my dark quiet closet.....I couldn't imagine folding and refolding in plastic bags and placing in plastic tubs every time I wanted to have a "show and tell" session.....I guess that's one of the small pleasures of collecting football jerseys from my generation!:)