PDA

View Full Version : If you were gonna sell it all?

Fnazxc0114
11-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Which auction house would you contact? I am thinking of selling my rangers collection and was wanting some of your guys advice on which auction house to contact. What is the typical juice they charge. Would i be better off listing everything on ebay?

frikativ54
11-14-2011, 10:05 PM
Josh - I don't know much about auction houses, but speaking as a collector, I would sell things individually. Many people are not in a position to buy a whole lot, so that might drive down the number of people interested. For example, someone who wants a Hamilton bat may not be interested in the pair of cleats, so you are turning away that potential buyer. I can't speak about fees, but I think you'd be looking at a wider audience selling on eBay. I personally check eBay first. Only later do I look at auction houses. Other thoughts?

legaleagle92481
11-14-2011, 10:48 PM
First question is what are you selling? If you have high end stuff use an auction house. For baseball its tricky. Grey Flannel is the go to auction for basketball and football but I don't know how their baseball stuff does. Lelands seems to always have a good baseball selection. Most charge you between 15 and 20% depending on a variety of factors. For the cheaper stuff use Ebay or the classifieds here. I agree that individually is better. Alot of collector's don't collect a team but collect players and that way they will bid on your stuff. If you sell the whole thing as one lot it will discourage bidders. Personally I collect NFL stuff but only one jersey per player no specific team. If a jersey I wanted was bundled with alot of stuff i didn't want I wouldn't bid unless it was something impossible to find that I had to have. Also you might want to talk to Barry Meisel he sold Rangers stuff for awhile a few years ago maube he would sell it on consignment for you.

Fnazxc0114
11-14-2011, 11:02 PM
Its the rangers, so i realy wouldnt consider many of the items to be too high end.

Fnazxc0114
11-14-2011, 11:03 PM
legal, not sure who barry meisel is?

ncbadges
11-15-2011, 11:57 AM
If you can send me a list, I'd be happy to take some of those things off your hands and save you the trouble.:)

Especially Hamilton and Kinsler.

God Bless
Joe
NCBADGES@embarqmail.com

anthony3133
11-15-2011, 12:55 PM
I would be interested in any Hamilton items - please let me know what you have available.
Anthonylong31@hotmail.com
Thanks

Dewey2007
11-15-2011, 01:05 PM
I'd look at Robert Edwards Auctions for anything you consider high end like Rangers World Series items you might have. They have one auction per year sometime in the spring.

edmangu
11-15-2011, 03:08 PM
As many on here know, 8D Auctions is affiliated with the founder of GUU. Here is a link to an article about our upcoming auction:

http://www.sportscollectorsdigest.com/news/auction-news/8d-network-auction-includes-chambliss-1976-alcs-jersey

Notably, we plan to do 4 major auctions a year and would be happy to represent any items from forum members. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. I can be reached at 925-399-6263 Ed

legaleagle92481
11-15-2011, 04:41 PM
legal, not sure who barry meisel is?

He is the guy that runs MEIGRAY he posts on here from time to time. I noticed on their website that they have stuff for sale that is designated as on consignment and I am sure their site gets high traffic.

frikativ54
11-15-2011, 05:11 PM
If you can send me a list, I'd be happy to take some of those things off your hands and save you the trouble.:)

I feel the same way about a few items. :p

xpress34
11-15-2011, 06:06 PM
I would be interested in a list of what you are looking to move...

But not sure I'll ever see it since it's been over a year since you offered to send me stuff from the 2010 WS...

Not trying to be a jerk, I'm just saying....

- Smitty

frikativ54
11-15-2011, 06:56 PM
I would be interested in a list of what you are looking to move...

But not sure I'll ever see it since it's been over a year since you offered to send me stuff from the 2010 WS...

Man, people get busy. I don't know the circumstances, but I wouldn't write him off based upon one experience.

xpress34
11-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Man, people get busy. I don't know the circumstances, but I wouldn't write him off based upon one experience.

Frik -

Again, not trying to be a jerk, but I never bugged him about it and figured it was a lost cause. Then he wrote me a message asking for my information again and that he would send it out the next day or so. Again, I never bugged him about it, because I did appreciate the intent...

I've been on many threads he's been on an never bugged about it either because I figured if he was giving me the stuff, I shouldn't bug him, but when he's written a couple of times asking for my address and saying it will go out soon and it never does, it doesn't leave a lot of faith.

Maybe it's just me being sick right now, but it just got under my skin today for some reason...

- Smitty

Fnazxc0114
11-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Crying about not getting free items kinda gets under my skin too. Ill send the items when I am able to go to the post office. I work for a living, so getting to one of the two post office's in my town of over 100,000 people hasnt realy been a big priority. The items I have to send you are free on your part, free world series program, free alcs program, free alds program etc, as well as free nolan ryan magezeines and stuff that has him on the cover. You will get your free items once I get the time to go to a post office to mail them.

xpress34
11-16-2011, 12:03 AM
Crying about not getting free items kinda gets under my skin too. Ill send the items when I am able to go to the post office. I work for a living, so getting to one of the two post office's in my town of over 100,000 people hasnt realy been a big priority. The items I have to send you are free on your part, free world series program, free alcs program, free alds program etc, as well as free nolan ryan magezeines and stuff that has him on the cover. You will get your free items once I get the time to go to a post office to mail them.

Again, I'm not crying about it. I was making a point. Not once did I ever bug you about it.

So don't worry about it.