PDA

View Full Version : Raffle for a great item but a better cause

gingi79
11-05-2011, 04:45 PM
As a Vancouver Canucks fan, having anything positive to say about the singular reason they lost the Cup last season is not without pain. However,
when a pro player wears a mask for charity, you get my attention.

Tim Thomas is wearing a mustache mask to support Cancer research and awareness during the month of November. Tickets will be sold to win the mask, tickets for 4 to a big rivalry game against Montreal, the opportunity to meet, greet and get the mask from Tim Thomas after the game and my personal favorite:

A cash gift made on your behalf to the state and US government to cover the taxes of winning the mask!

Helmets are the most valuable and rare collectibles in the Hockey game worn market. You can win it and put it up for sale for some serious cash for you or another charity.

Frankly, everyone is affected by cancer during their life. If I can look past the continuing disappointment of seeing him holding the Cup rather than my beloved Canucks in Vancouver, I figured everyone can support him. Here's the website with details:

http://ingoalmag.com/masks/moustache-mask/

OaklandAsFan
11-05-2011, 05:09 PM
just ordered 200 raffle tickets, great cause and a great piece for the winner (hopefully me!!!)

frikativ54
11-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Cool story. Not even a fan of the sport, but I appreciate your sharing this.

frikativ54
11-05-2011, 05:14 PM
just ordered 200 raffle tickets, great cause and a great piece for the winner (hopefully me!!!)

Good luck.

gingi79
11-05-2011, 07:10 PM

Knowing that I was able to tell others who in turn donated to this cause, makes me feel great. If I don't win it, I hope someone on this site does. As I said, a Canucks fan can't own this helmet but if I do win, I'd definitely put it back up for sale and split the proceeds between Cancer and Alzheimer's research charities.

My dad died of a form of lung cancer and I have seen way to many friends and family affected by this disease. Tickets are $2 each or as low as .75 if you are as generous as OaklandA'sfan and buy 100 or more.

Thank you to everyone who donates anything they can.

OaklandAsFan
11-06-2011, 12:31 AM
I'm a sucker for any type of cancer research donations.

My mother died in February only 2 months after being diagnosed with stomach cancer, my grandmother died of metastatic cancer, my father had prostate cancer(though that didn't kill him,he died of old age), my mother in law and my wife's aunt are both breast cancer survivors.