PDA

View Full Version : Quade OUT!!!

ahuff
11-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Seemed like a nice man, just not the manager I wanted. Let the rumors begin who will replace him.

TNTtoys
11-02-2011, 04:15 PM
I'll start... FRANCONA :-)

sox83cubs84
11-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Since Ryne Sandberg is no longer part of the organization, possibly Rays bench coach Dave Martinez? His name has been discussed a lot in Chicago. The Sandberg/Martinez conflict stems from Martinez's time as a player for the Cubs in the late 1980s...Sandberg's first wife (Cindy) was apparently providing...ahem..."benefits"...for several of Ryno's fellow Cubs with Martinez and Raffy Roids being the two most often linked to these escapades. It was a main factor in the trades that sent them both packing.

Dave Miedema

OaklandAsFan
11-02-2011, 04:34 PM
coulda sworn I just read somewhere that they will be interviewing Sandberg

emann
11-02-2011, 05:31 PM
I'll start... FRANCONA :-)

I second that, feel like this was part of the plan all along...

sox83cubs84
11-02-2011, 05:56 PM
coulda sworn I just read somewhere that they will be interviewing Sandberg

That is highly unlikely...ESPN has reported that Epstein phoned Sandberg to tell him that he was not on the list of candidates for the Cubs job. Theo has announced that his new manager will have to have MLB experience as either a player or a coach.

Also, Milwaukee's Dale Sveum has been discussed in recent hours, as Sveum was part of Epstein's 2004 champs in Boston, and has ample coaching experience on the MLB level.

Finally, a potential nightmare may await Cubs fans, as the Cardinals have approached the Phillies for permission to talk to Sandberg about their just vacated manager post.

Stay tuned for further developments...

Dave Miedema

sox83cubs84
11-04-2011, 10:36 AM
The latest word (as of 12:01AM Friday):

Terry Francona is now being considered, as are Sveum, Pete Mackanin and Mike Maddux. More to follow...

Dave Miedema

legaleagle92481
11-06-2011, 01:42 AM
i dont get why they dont hire ryno. the guy has paid his dues managing for several years in the minors. i have never heard of any character issues and other than ernie banks he is like mr. cub. quade didnt exactly set the world on fire so why not just give the guy a shot?

ahuff
11-06-2011, 07:37 AM
I agree. My hopes were always Ryno, afterall, he managed many of their current players in the minors and I don't believe many know the game better or work harder at improving than he. But I figured others wouldn't think so. I'm sure some of the luster has already worn off of Epstein, with this decision...to many a Cubbie fan. However, his job I guess is to do the thing that will help them win...not just the popular choice. However, I don't like the idea of him bringing all of "His People" in...because it worked in Boston doesn't mean it will work in Chicago. They aren't exactly working with the same pieces on the field as they already had in place upon his arrival in Boston.

sox83cubs84
11-18-2011, 04:05 AM
Dale Sveum IN!

Dave Miedema