PDA

View Full Version : "I’ll have that shipped out to you first thing tomorrow…"

R.Mansfield
10-29-2011, 03:58 PM
I’ll have that shipped out to you first thing tomorrow…

Another segment of things that irk me; when you make a dealand pay for an item asap and the seller tells you, “I will ship your packagefirst thing tomorrow…” sounds satisfactory right? Well I have noticed half of the time thingsdon’t go as planned.

It seems that when most sellers get that immediate pay-palfunding, the buyers take a back seat. Time and time again I am given a line of BS about when my package isshipped.

To tell the truth, if the sellers would be upfront and say, “Iwill ship your package in a week or two”, that would be fine with me. At least I would not be anticipating its shipmentin the mail.

Some other side attractions to this are the sellers thatignore you after payment and the sellers that e-mail tracking numbers, afteryou have already received the package…

Most of the time, if I have an expensive item being shippedto me, I can arrange my schedule to be at home for the mail delivery, to signfor the package or what have you. If Iam getting a bat shipped, I like to be at home so the package doesn’t sit on myfront porch, due to rain, possible theft…so when these sellers give me a lineof BS about the ship date…needless to say I am not very happy, and often refuseto purchase items from those sellers in the future.

Just my two cents, interested in hearing others thoughts onthis.

Russell Mansfield
batdna@sbcglobal.net

mad87man
10-29-2011, 04:41 PM
I to hate that. You get all excited no matter how small or large the item is and are waiting like a kid at christmas thinking it shipped and you don't wanna be a huge pain and ask if it shipped, when it shipped and then it gets there like 2 weeks later.

lakeerie92
10-29-2011, 04:53 PM
I think it is mostly good intentions. I try to ship everything out the next day, but being in the Navy I don't always have 100% control of my schedule. I don't say the "tomorrow" and then ship two weeks later though. If it doesn't go out when I say tomorrow it always goes out the following day, even if I have to get my wife to take it.

NFLELCollector
10-29-2011, 08:51 PM
This is a Pet Peeve with me as well, and it happens
more often then not with E-Bay Transactions.
Ever since e-bay started putting that Expected Delivery Day
where they supposidly calculate a Date Range Based on the Info the Shipper Gives when they post the Ad, and i swear some shippers take full advantage and only send the item so it arrives on the Last Possible Date.

I have used several tactics to try to elimimate this problem and they all start with Communication.
Instead of making an ASAP Pay Pal Payment-I e-mail the seller and ask IF i pay Tonight can you send it out Tomorrow?
Or if i Win an Item on Fri or Sat, I will e-mail the seller and ask if i Pay On Sun Night, Can you Send the Item out on Mon?
I also include a Back Story, something Like- I have been having trouble lately with sellers not sending my items out right away after i make a prompt Payment, so i am reaching out to you to determine when you can send my item?
Communcation is the Key, and if the Seller doesnt Communicate, it will be Noted in his Feedback or he will receive a NUETRAL Feedback with details as to why Neutral was Left.
Just My .02!

beaglegypsy003
10-30-2011, 01:01 AM
I bought a NO Saints practice jersey on eBay and made my payment within a day of the close of the auction. It took almost a month for me to receive it and I left a negative:( feedback because of this. The seller was upset because he said I knew by the tracking number when I would be getting it. The part he didn't explain was why it took almost two weeks for him to mail it.

jppopma
10-30-2011, 11:35 PM
I love it when they send you the tracking number right away, and then don't bother to ship the item for another week or so.

The only thing worse than that is sellers who lie about shipping when asked after a couple of weeks. I'm not one to be neg trigger happy, but hate being jerked around.

legaleagle92481
10-31-2011, 03:02 PM
Alot of times people sell multiple things at once and wait until everyone pays to make only one trip to the PO. I do this when I sell stuff because its not easy getting down there when you work full-time and I ship everything myself to make sure its shipped correctly and the items are transported to the PO correctly. I have received damaged packages when I have bought stuff and take these steps to prevent stuff I sell from being damaged. Sometimes you are waiting on another buyer to pay and a day or two passes causing a shipping delay or something comes up where you just cannot make it to the PO that day.