PDA

View Full Version : Orioles Cartoon Bird Returning in 2012

ironmanfan
10-29-2011, 07:19 AM
As well as some modifications to the uniforms as well as a Camden Yards 20th Year Anniversary patch (has it really been 20 years??):

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2011/10/changes-coming-to-os-cap-and-jersey.html

BostonSportsFan
10-29-2011, 12:55 PM
Hopefully a change of uniform will actually improve the team. Any little bit perhaps will help.

It is just pitiful to see what this once proud franchise has become.

I was driving through Baltimore several weeks back on my way to a job and heard a local radio station WNST railing on the team about how Peter Angelos is literally filling bank vaults with money each year as the team suffers a last place finish year in and out. Apparently the lack of gate revenue is replaced by Angelos large majority stake in MASN the regional sports network that covers the O's and Nationals among other things and according to this report, while the exact structure of his income is not known, he is bringing in enough money to fill the vaults at Fort Knox ten fold on an annual basis.

No wonder cries for him to sell the team fall on deaf ears. He is using this team as his own personal cash cow and win or lose why do anything different. If you can make a fortune and lose why spend $50 million more a year to try to win when your competiton the Yankees, Sox and Rays will probably prove to be too difficult to overcome anyway.

No matter how you slice it, Angelos is a complete disgrace to the city.

Joe

jake33
10-30-2011, 02:25 PM
AWESOME that the logo is back! I would never own a hat of any team but the Rays (as long as they still exist), but really like the cartoon bird.

Always ahd a soft spot for the Orioles and typically, i do not like star players (even as a kid growing up), but always admired Cal Ripken, Jr.

Orioles will also have a further great spot with me for knocking out Boston on the last day of this season for my Rays.

I think it is good for baseball when Baltimore is a good and competitive team.

brewcrew
11-15-2011, 04:44 PM
The cartoon bird has indeed returned. Awesome.

http://www.sportslogos.net/blog/2011/11/15/orioles-go-back-to-the-80s-with-new-caps-jersey/

orioles03
11-15-2011, 07:00 PM
better look at orange jersey

shoremen44
11-15-2011, 08:39 PM
I guess my 1980's hat is back in fashion

momen55
11-17-2011, 02:47 PM
that bird looks incomplete. their were or are too cheap to add more black to finish the beak? it should look like this!

CampWest
11-17-2011, 03:50 PM
better look at orange jersey

Nice... I need to get one of those for upland game bird hunting season... Then I won't have to wear the stupid orange vest. :D :p ;)

Seriously, though, that is a sweet looking jersey.

shoremen44
11-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Wes... Seriously funny...

I have actually worn an O's cap quail hunting

CampWest
11-17-2011, 08:29 PM
Wes... Seriously funny...

I have actually worn an O's cap quail hunting

Nice... Went out with some friends last weekend for opening day/weekend in Kansas... 3 of us wound up with 5 pheasant and 5 quail. Not too bad. Down year population wise as a big part of the state had high heat and a prolonged drought throughout most of the summer and fall. Hope to get out again in the next couple weeks.