PDA

View Full Version : reggie jackson helmet

momen55
10-27-2011, 12:59 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reggie-Jackson-game-used-helmet-Yankees-Angels-As-/150681602653?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item231552ca5d

seller says it is from the 70's. i say no due to the fact that it is navy not black, and the headband is gray not tan. he insists that it faded from tan to gray. not.
gray headband was introduced in the early 90's, not to mention the lack of the ABC logo not being embossed on the back. i have a helmet from 78 and it has the tan band and logo on back.
every helmet has a wheel above the round pad, whether a pie for older helmets or the new date style. he tells me it doesn't have one. perhaps he is in denial that he paid to much.
thoughts, opinions?

earlywynnfan
10-30-2011, 08:59 PM
I know next to nothing about batting helmets, but a quick look on getty shows Reggie in the late 70's wearing helmets that appear both black (in game shots) and blue (posed pics.) Did they possibly wear blue ones for BP?

Also, this particular helmet was in the last fateful Vintage auction, and was pulled, then eventually returned to this seller.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com