PDA

View Full Version : Miguel Tejada # on bat knob question

Buster23!
10-23-2011, 07:41 PM
I have two game used bats of Miguel Tejada. One has is number on the know and the other does not. Is Miguel one of those guys that always does the same things on his bats? I am trying to figure out if one of them is a fake. Please let me know what you know about Miggy

WadeInBmore
10-23-2011, 08:35 PM
if I'm not mistaken, the number on the knob for Miggy was partially based on the team. When he was an Oriole, one of the batboys would number all of his bats (if I remember correctly)...not sure if he had other teams do that or not.

I would say this much about the numbering...see if the handwriting matches other examples throughout his career and/or team stints. You can normally match handwriting styles/habits. That could atleast tell you if Miggy numbered his own items or if someone else did (hope this paragraph makes sense).

Buster23!
10-24-2011, 08:12 AM
Thanks, that helps a little bit. I have seen bats from his A's days with and without the # on the bat knob. I have a bat from the Orioles with a # and one from the Astros without a # on the knob. Any more input would be helpful picutres would even be better

geoff
10-24-2011, 02:04 PM
I have a few bats of Tejada's from the A's and Orioles and I know there was always his number on the bat as a Oriole unless it was a issued bat.Hope this helps you out a bit.

Thanks
Geoff