PDA

View Full Version : Ebay ???

SkubeBats
10-22-2011, 09:05 AM
How do you cancel a transaction on EBAY. I sold a bat to a guy and now he emailed me and said he can't pay me now. I would like to relist this item and try again.

ironmanfan
10-22-2011, 09:11 AM
I believe if you go into your "My Ebay" account under items sold, look at that particular item and use the drop down arrow to choose "cancel transaction" (other options you'll see are Leave Feedback, Mark Shipped, etc.)

trsent
10-23-2011, 01:44 AM
How do you cancel a transaction on EBAY. I sold a bat to a guy and now he emailed me and said he can't pay me now. I would like to relist this item and try again.

You don't want to file this as a non-payment as a favor to the buyer, so do the following:

Go to the item page while logged into eBay.

Click Resolve a Problem

Click I sold an Item and Want to Cancel the Transaction

Choose buyer purchased item by mistake or changed mind

Do it this way since they emailed you with their inability to pay. If you find an unresponsive buyer, stiffing you without contact, you then click "I sold an item and haven't received my payment yet".

SkubeBats
10-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Thank you guys for the info.

joelsabi
10-23-2011, 11:14 AM

From ebay:

If the buyer doesn't pay, you need to manually close the case in the Resolution Center within 36 days after the listing ended. If you haven't closed the case on the 37th day after the listing ended, eBay automatically closes it and you don't receive a final value fee credit. Also, an unpaid item won't be recorded on the buyer's account.

We automatically issue an insertion fee credit to your account if your relisting qualifies—you don't have to request it. If your relisted item sells, the credit is posted to your seller account as long as your listing meets the following requirements:

Only the first relisting of an item is eligible. Subsequent relistings of the same item don't qualify.

Both the original listing and the relisting must be in auction-style format.

You must use the Relist feature in My eBay to receive the insertion fee credit. If you copy and paste the content of the original listing into a new listing, you won't receive a credit.

The starting price for the relisted item can't be greater than that of the original listing.

The relisted item must not have a reserve price if the original listing didn't have one. If the original listing had a reserve price, the relisted item's reserve price can't be greater than that of the original listing.

The relisted item must end with a winning buyer. If the item doesn't sell the second time, the insertion fee is not refunded.