PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Turner Field Images Available For Photomatching

kylehess10
10-21-2011, 06:48 PM
As a lot of you know, I'm big into MLB photography and I've taken LOTS of photos this season. I use high-end equipment which can give me images that can catch every loose stitch and every little ball mark.

I'd like to share my photos with forum members looking to photomatch their memorabilia from the 2011 season. I take anywhere between 400-700 photos per game, and I take as many close-ups as I can solely for photomatching purposes. Though roughly 75% of my photos are Braves, I do try to get photos of everyone that plays for the opposing team as well, so I'm sure I could help out plenty of you for photomatches. I've already helped several forum members find photomatches to my images so hopefully there's more stuff out there that I have photos of to help match.

Here are the games that I have photos from:

4/8/11 - Opening Day - Mets
4/16/11 - Jackie Robinson Day Jerseys - Mets
5/1/11 - Cardinals
5/4/11 - Brewers
5/15/11 - Civil Rights Game - 74' Throwbacks - Phillies
5/17/11 - Astros
5/30/11 - Reds
6/16/11 - Mets (not too many images from this game)
6/19/11 - Rangers
6/21/11 - Blue Jays
7/2/11 - Orioles
7/3/11 - Orioles
7/7/11 - Rockies (I only have 33 images from the first few minutes of this game due to getting in trouble with the Braves team photographer)
8/18/11 - Giants
9/4/11 - Dodgers
9/14/11 - Marlins

If anyone has equipment used on or around these dates, just let me know what player(s) you're looking for and I'll check to see what I have.

csu398
10-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Hi Kyle,

It's very generous of you! I'm wondering if you have any Dee Gordon pictures on 9/4? Thanks in advance! My email is andrewsue205@gmail.com.

lakeerie92
10-21-2011, 07:46 PM
What was the Braves team photographer's problem?

kylehess10
10-21-2011, 07:59 PM
Hi Kyle,

It's very generous of you! I'm wondering if you have any Dee Gordon pictures on 9/4? Thanks in advance! My email is andrewsue205@gmail.com.

Yes, I know I do have some images of him. I'll gather those for you.

What was the Braves team photographer's problem?

He got 2 security guards on me over the size of my lens. He then walked up and we were arguing for a minute because he kept rambling that it's 'illegal' and I can't have a lens that big. Long story short I offered to leave instead of checking in my camera equipment and I started using a smaller lens every game afterwards so I wouldn't be noticed. It worked, thankfully.

Dach0sen0ne
10-21-2011, 08:03 PM
He got 2 security guards on me over the size of my lens. He then walked up and we were arguing for a minute because he kept rambling that it's 'illegal' and I can't have a lens that big. Long story short I offered to leave instead of checking in my camera equipment and I started using a smaller lens every game afterwards so I wouldn't be noticed. It worked, thankfully.

WOW! I bet he felt real good about himself after that. How is it illegal?

kylehess10
10-21-2011, 08:08 PM
WOW! I bet he felt real good about himself after that. How is it illegal?

He was saying that my images could easily be taken from online. I assured him that all of my images had copyright logos, and none are able to be saved from my website or my Flickr page. He kept trying to think of more excuses after that. He did send me this message on Twitter the following day:

Mad respect for your passion...you gotta be careful with rules...I've seen a lot of good photographers burn all their bridges by breaking em

Also the work is terrific on your site - start shooting at HS games (any editor would like to see badass HS pics over OK pro pics)

Start shooting those, sell the prints to parents, save money for gear, work for a local college, and you'll be killing it in no time

kylehess10
10-21-2011, 08:09 PM
Hi Kyle,

Is there something specific you're trying to match? I have tons of images of Gordon during the game. Basically every angle. I'm not sure which ones to send you since I don't know if you're trying to match a bat, jersey, etc

kylehess10
10-22-2011, 11:32 PM
I've helped 2 collectors with photomatches so far. Anybody else might have anything from these dates?

eGameUsed
10-23-2011, 08:59 AM
Kyle,

Thanks a ton for the Pence photos. Incredible shots!

Chris

joelsabi
10-23-2011, 11:02 AM
He was saying that my images could easily be taken from online. I assured him that all of my images had copyright logos, and none are able to be saved from my website or my Flickr page. He kept trying to think of more excuses after that. He did send me this message on Twitter the following day:

Mad respect for your passion...you gotta be careful with rules...I've seen a lot of good photographers burn all their bridges by breaking em

Also the work is terrific on your site - start shooting at HS games (any editor would like to see badass HS pics over OK pro pics)

Start shooting those, sell the prints to parents, save money for gear, work for a local college, and you'll be killing it in no time

some good advice it seems. i know some local high school parents that would pay good money for some awesome shots of their kids in action.

not a bad way to improve the portfolio. i imagine the long lens at a high school game is a huge difference maker.

kylehess10
11-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Thought I'd bump this up for anyone who hasn't seen this.

The Braves should be selling their jerseys soon too. I have just under 10,000 photos total from the 2011 season so I should be able to help photomatch almost every home uniform that's sold by the Braves.

lakeerie92
11-18-2011, 09:15 PM
I forgot to ask for photos of Prado's bat on May 30th if you have any.

kylehess10
11-18-2011, 09:31 PM
I forgot to ask for photos of Prado's bat on May 30th if you have any.

Most of my shots are of him running but I have a couple good ones that could help match his bat

http://i44.tinypic.com/24mcm7d.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/vsgwhh.jpg

lakeerie92
11-18-2011, 11:43 PM
Thanks Kyle, those aren't matches to my bat, but look to be matches to the bat he hit a HR with the day before.

kylehess10
11-19-2011, 12:06 AM
Thanks Kyle, those aren't matches to my bat, but look to be matches to the bat he hit a HR with the day before.

He definitely went through a ton of bats this year. It's hard finding him using the same bat for multiple games

kylehess10
02-04-2012, 07:47 PM
1 more bump since the 2011 jerseys are now in the hands of collectors

lakeerie92
02-04-2012, 07:49 PM
1 more bump since the 2011 jerseys are now in the hands of collectors

Did you pick anything up? The prices were WAY too high for me, even the team issued jerseys were overpriced.

kylehess10
02-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Did you pick anything up? The prices were WAY too high for me, even the team issued jerseys were overpriced.

Nah...I couldn't stand the prices either. I only wanted a Julio Lugo & George Sherril home jersey and they didn't have either. A lot of jerseys worn in 2011 were missing from the list, so I'm curious to know what happened to all of them.

I contemplated picking up the issued Heyward jerseys to flip, but thought it was too high of a price to risk ending up with a brand new jersey. After seeing some of the jerseys on that issued list in the hands of collectors, a lot of them did arrive in brand new condition, so no regrets there.

frikativ54
02-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Nah...I couldn't stand the prices either. I only wanted a Julio Lugo & George Sherril home jersey and they didn't have either. A lot of jerseys worn in 2011 were missing from the list, so I'm curious to know what happened to all of them.

Do you only want a Sherrill Braves jersey? Because I have a Mariners one I'd be willing to part with.

-Frik

kylehess10
02-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Do you only want a Sherrill Braves jersey? Because I have a Mariners one I'd be willing to part with.

-Frik

Well I was only looking for Sherril because he recorded the final 3 outs in their 10,000th victory, and I really wanted that specific jersey. It appears though that every jersey from that game was authenticated afterwards, so I probably woundn't have been able to get it for a steal like I hoped for.