PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best player collection?

project 4
10-20-2011, 05:59 PM
This is the only game used forum I know of so far (being relatively new) and seems to have a strong community of collectors here. I'm slowly making the switch from cards to memorabilia and in the card collecting community player PC's were huge. With that said I was wondering who has the best Player collection out there? I've seen some impressive items collected but like the challenge and focus of collecting one or two players.

spartanservitto
10-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Bert has a solid Albert Pujols collection. Rich has THE best Austin Jackson collection.... I was never really a player focused collector, but I recently got into Alex Avila because he went to my high school and I believe has the most talent for a young catcher in the AL. Living in the area, I have quite a huge access to bats of his, so I decided to focus on photomatched home run bats. I've hit 4/4 on mine, and plan on continuing it in the 2012 season.

Here are my oldest three, followed by the newest one I was able to purchase.

2000mvpfan
10-20-2011, 08:58 PM
LastingsMilledge85 has a great Milledge collection....me,it's all about the Giambis..
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=43963

Joe

yankees506
10-20-2011, 09:10 PM
While cano has gotten big with collectors over the past year+ I'd throw my 15 Robbie bats and a few mis items out there with anyone. ;)

yankees506
10-20-2011, 09:22 PM
My Objective vote would go to rich (dach0sen0ne). His Austin Jackson collection is untouchable in every aspect possible. Www.austinjacksonfan.com

Dewey2007
10-20-2011, 11:15 PM
Not the best but I've started a pretty decent Jimmy Rollins collection:

4 bats (one of each brand: Max Bat, LVS, Adirondack, & Carolina Clubs, the Adirondack bat is photomatched to a homerun he hit in 2009)
3 jerseys (2008 WS home jersey, 2009 WS road jersey, 2010 alternate)
2 sets of batting gloves
1 pair of cleats from the 2005 season
2010 lineup card from game he hit is 150th career homerun
2011 lineup card from game he hit is 100th career triple

Waiting on a pair of road pants. Not sure what year they are from or if they are issued or worn so we'll see. Numerous other Rollins odds and ends to round out the collection.

Always looking to add more especially a hat and wristbands...

danny_0_6
10-21-2011, 12:03 AM
In my opinion I think Steve masi (masiman) has one of the better player collections on here. Being a Yankee fan and collector myself I thought his collection of Jorge posada bats was a great choice. Posada has one of the best looking bat characteristics in the game (tar,tape,cleat marks) I've been trying to catch up to Steve but it's been a tough task. Keep it up.....

Mello (yanks506) your cano bats aren't too bad either. Lol ;)

spartanservitto
10-21-2011, 06:40 AM
While cano has gotten big with collectors over the past year+ I'd throw my 15 Robbie bats and a few mis items out there with anyone. ;)

Your Cano collection is pretty unbelievable... a great player to invest in and follow. Do you have a website with your stuff posted!?!?!

-Tony

WadeInBmore
10-21-2011, 07:32 AM
My Frank Thomas collection now has over 20 Gu bats (4 of which are hrs), 14 jerseys (sox, jays, and a's), 5 pair of pants, 3 nameplates, 5 Gu hats, 3 hr baseballs, 6 pairs of shoes, numerous batting gloves and wristbands, 2 Gu fielding gloves, and over 10 line up cards featuring the big hurt!!!!

shoremen44
10-21-2011, 08:06 AM
spartanservitto... Bert has a solid Albert Pujols collection.Tony... thanks... I think I have some nice bats, but I am sure there are much larger collections out there...

Wade's Thomas collection is just damn impressive...

I wont take first place, but I may have the best photo-match collection of one player...

Matt Wieters Collection....

16 Bats (12 Photomatched) 2 of them HR bats - and one with a LS shipping invoice

Minor League Jersey... Rookie Road Jersey (photomatched)... 1st All-Star Game BP jersey (photomatched)

Batting Helmet and catchers helmet (both Photomatched)

project 4
10-21-2011, 08:33 AM
Bert has a solid Albert Pujols collection. Rich has THE best Austin Jackson collection.... I was never really a player focused collector, but I recently got into Alex Avila because he went to my high school and I believe has the most talent for a young catcher in the AL. Living in the area, I have quite a huge access to bats of his, so I decided to focus on photomatched home run bats. I've hit 4/4 on mine, and plan on continuing it in the 2012 season.

Here are my oldest three, followed by the newest one I was able to purchase.

That is so neat that yall went to the same high school! Do you guys hang out? Do you get to get some stuff from him for free? Also, I'm realizing more and more that photomatching is huge here which leads me to this question: when you obtain your game used memorabilia, does it not come with a COA and the date of the game it was used? Or is photomatching just something done for fun? Thanks again for sharing!

project 4
10-21-2011, 08:56 AM
LastingsMilledge85 has a great Milledge collection....me,it's all about the Giambis..
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=43963

Joe

I think I've seen your Giambis before in some contest. You're the one who has the entire outfit from one game, right? That inspired me to get one of my own. I just have to figure out how to display it now. Very, Very nice collection by the way!

ALOT of bat collectors here! Are bats relatively inexpensive compared to other things like jerseys, cleats, etc?

Not the best but I've started a pretty decent Jimmy Rollins collection:

4 bats (one of each brand: Max Bat, LVS, Adirondack, & Carolina Clubs, the Adirondack bat is photomatched to a homerun he hit in 2009)
3 jerseys (2008 WS home jersey, 2009 WS road jersey, 2010 alternate)
2 sets of batting gloves
1 pair of cleats from the 2005 season
2010 lineup card from game he hit is 150th career homerun
2011 lineup card from game he hit is 100th career triple

Waiting on a pair of road pants. Not sure what year they are from or if they are issued or worn so we'll see. Numerous other Rollins odds and ends to round out the collection.

Always looking to add more especially a hat and wristbands...

Hey, that's a sweet start to your collection. Where do you get your stuff?

In my opinion I think Steve masi (masiman) has one of the better player collections on here. Being a Yankee fan and collector myself I thought his collection of Jorge posada bats was a great choice. Posada has one of the best looking bat characteristics in the game (tar,tape,cleat marks) I've been trying to catch up to Steve but it's been a tough task. Keep it up.....

Mello (yanks506) your cano bats aren't too bad either. Lol ;)

I bet any yankee collection is hard to come by given the demand for their stuff. Quite an accomplishment. Thanks for sharing!

My Frank Thomas collection now has over 20 Gu bats (4 of which are hrs), 14 jerseys (sox, jays, and a's), 5 pair of pants, 3 nameplates, 5 Gu hats, 3 hr baseballs, 6 pairs of shoes, numerous batting gloves and wristbands, 2 Gu fielding gloves, and over 10 line up cards featuring the big hurt!!!!

Nice, I remember the big hurt back in the day. I was a huge Bagwell fan (still am) and remember that they shared the same birthday. I collected mainly Bagwell and Ken Griffey Jr but had a nice Frank Thomas collection on the side back when I collected cards in the 90's. I remember being in pursuit of his Topps Error (no name) Rc at one point bc I envisioned him breaking the home run record one day. Such a talent. Thanks for sharing!

Tony... thanks... I think I have some nice bats, but I am sure there are much larger collections out there...

I wont take first place, but I may have the best photo-match collection of one player...

16 Bats (12 Photomatched) 2 of them HR bats - and one with a LS shipping invoice

Minor League Jersey... Rookie Road Jersey (photomatched)... 1st All-Star Game BP jersey (photomatched)

Really nice! Is Matt Wieters a future prospect? Sorry, I don't know too much about the players anymore. I was talking to this guy who works at a memorabila store and he mentioned how players that aren't proven don't get as much attention in the world of memorabilia vs established players. I'm learning it's so different from card collecting b/c it's all about prospecting. I'm also realizing that baseball dominates here! I was a huge fan back in the 90's but after the strike it left a bad taste in my mouth. I moved on to football and starting to collect some stuff for my future man cave. At least I will be able to show them off instead of keeping them hidden in the dark like my football cards.

Keep them coming! Also, would love to see some football PC! =)

Dach0sen0ne
10-21-2011, 09:07 AM
LastingsMilledge85 has a great Milledge collection

+1

LastingsMilledge85 has a great collection! Check it out!

http://gameusedsports.webs.com/lastingsmilledge.htm

yankees506
10-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Your Cano collection is pretty unbelievable... a great player to invest in and follow. Do you have a website with your stuff posted!?!?!

-Tony

Thanks tony, I'm always checking out your site. I did purchase a domain name a while back but have no idea where to get started, hopefully that will change soon.:D

To answer a question asked by the original poster, bats run the gammit from relatively inexpensive to insanely priced, as high as 10k for star vintage Players such as mante and mays. Modern plays can run from a hundred or less for lesser known players. To a few hundred for stars or even thousands for the top guys pujols, jeter etc....

Dach0sen0ne
10-21-2011, 09:33 AM
My Objective vote would go to rich (dach0sen0ne). His Austin Jackson collection is untouchable in every aspect possible. Www.austinjacksonfan.com (http://Www.austinjacksonfan.com)

Thanks Melo! That Cano collection isn't too shabby! We need to get working on your site. ;)

project 4
10-21-2011, 10:15 AM
+1

LastingsMilledge85 has a great collection! Check it out!

http://gameusedsports.webs.com/lastingsmilledge.htm

Whoa, you weren't kidding! 17 jerseys?! Insane. Are you sure he isn't Milledge himself? lol!

Thanks tony, I'm always checking out your site. I did purchase a domain name a while back but have no idea where to get started, hopefully that will change soon.:D

To answer a question asked by the original poster, bats run the gammit from relatively inexpensive to insanely priced, as high as 10k for star vintage Players such as mante and mays. Modern plays can run from a hundred or less for lesser known players. To a few hundred for stars or even thousands for the top guys pujols, jeter etc....

Not bad. To think I spent hundreds on autographed cardboard (cards). . Perhaps I could pick up some from my favorite players. How much do you think a Griffey and Bagwell will run me?

spartanservitto
10-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Bagwell's are rarer then one would think. I haven't seen a nice gamer in a long time. Griffey's aren't to bad, I would say 700-1200 for a solid one. I would look for one of his older seattle gamers with the signed letter from his old distributor. Some of those bats are incredible.

-Tony

spartanservitto
10-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Tony... thanks... I think I have some nice bats, but I am sure there are much larger collections out there...

Bert, you're welcome, remember if you ever are looking to part with that Louisville Pujols... you know the guy, haha.

-Tony

joelsabi
10-21-2011, 10:37 AM

That is impressive. Not sure how many photomatched Manny Ramirez bats Bobby has. His collection comes to mind for quantity and quality for bats.

xpress34
10-21-2011, 11:36 AM
I think I've seen your Giambis before in some contest. You're the one who has the entire outfit from one game, right? That inspired me to get one of my own. I just have to figure out how to display it now. Very, Very nice collection by the way!

P4 -

I addressed this in another post as well, but that would be my Giambi mannequin.

The contest you referred to was on Sports Card Forum (SCF). I'm Xpress34 on there as well.

Welcome to the board!

- Smitty

yankees506
10-21-2011, 12:05 PM
That is impressive. Not sure how many photomatched Manny Ramirez bats Bobby has. His collection comes to mind for quantity and quality for bats.

Very True, totally forgot about Bobby's insane manny collection, now thats a collection everyone must see

Dach0sen0ne
10-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Very True, totally forgot about Bobby's insane manny collection, now thats a collection everyone must see

I'm not sure how up to date this is, but I'm sure it has only become more impressive with age.

www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=24659

project 4
10-21-2011, 01:00 PM
P4 -

I addressed this in another post as well, but that would be my Giambi mannequin.

The contest you referred to was on Sports Card Forum (SCF). I'm Xpress34 on there as well.

Welcome to the board!

- Smitty

Okay, cool. I'll get it straight. There doesn't seem to be as many memorabilia collectors on that site vs. this one. Anyways thank, glad to be on board! I'm a football collector mainly but baseball was my first love. Still remember guys like Giambi. The newer guys not so much.

HawaiiSportsNut
10-21-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm not sure how up to date this is, but I'm sure it has only become more impressive with age.

www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=24659 (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=24659)

Bobby's Manny Ramirez collection is insane.

project 4
10-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Bobby's Manny Ramirez collection is insane.

Sweet bat collection. He has connections? Must be nice.

tigerdale
10-21-2011, 07:24 PM
so many impressive collections out there....I would be proud to own any of them....pujols,zimmerman,posada,cano,ramirez..just to many impressive collections out there to name them all...but I'd have to give my vote to Rich & his Austin Jackson collection!!

yankees506
10-21-2011, 07:50 PM
There really is no wrong answer here but Dale did you forget about your pudge collection? Not fair :D

PwKw13
10-22-2011, 07:00 AM
5toolplayer has put together a very impressive Curtis Granderson collection in a short period of time -- and he picked the right year to do it!!

legaleagle92481
10-25-2011, 09:21 AM
I am starting a player collection of Von Miller. I was getting bored and frustrated with collecting so I stopped for awhile. I had put together a fairly good NFL collection but I realized that alot of today's great players were out of my price range and or impossible to find so my collection never would be truly complete and there are a ton of jerseys on the market of other great players so I felt like why should I buy something I can get anyday of the week? I was looking at JO's website oneday and saw they had posted Broncos jerseys from the first game of the year and I saw they had Von's and I thought to myself it would be cool to have the first jersey this guy ever wore in a game that counted so I picked it up. Now my goal is to add a white and blue jersey so I will have rookie jerseys in all three styles. The one I currently have is an orange alternate. I plan on adding a jersey from each year of his career and am hoping that JO stays involved with the Broncos so I don't have to fight it out on NFL Auctions for them. I am going to supplement this with autographed stuff (which surprisingly his autograph is very cheap) and hopefully a college jersey. I am very excited about this because he is a promising player and I will be able to have a complete collection.

rchimes13@yahoo.com
10-31-2011, 10:20 AM
I started around a month and a half ago concentrating solely, for most part, on Joey Votto gamers and have purchased or traded for these items as a kick start:

2007 Game Worn Auto Louisville Bats home jersey w/Bats COA
2009 Civil Rights Game Issued (he was on DL) Auto jersey w/PCM COA
2008 Game Worn Auto Cincinnati Reds Rookie Cap w/PCM COA
2008 Game Issued Auto Rawlings Outfielders Glove w/Sports Investments COA obtained from directly from Joey
2006 Futures Game Worn Auto Franklin Batting Gloves w/LRM COA
2006 Game Used Auto LS Bat w/LRM COA (was Southern League MVP)
2007 Game Used Rawlings Auto Bat w/Just Minors COA
2008 Game Used MLB Authenticated LS Mothers Day Pink Bat (Rookie Season)
2009 Game Used MLB Authenticated LS from 4-5 day at the plate in his hometown of Toronto

Also have all of his MLB and MiLB bobbleheads and SGA's and am in middle of obtaining a 2010 MVP season MLB authenticated game worn helmet and MLB authenticated foul balls from 2008, 2009, and 2010. ALWAYS LOOKING TO ADD MORE!

eGameUsed
10-31-2011, 11:41 AM
Just want to say how much I enjoy seeing other collections. Very cool to see what people are passionate about and the reasons for it. It also helps people connect to others when they run across something that fits another person's collection. I have acquired multiple Biggio, Bagwell, and most recently Hunter Pence items for my players collections.

Keep the photos coming!

Thanks,

geoff
10-31-2011, 03:05 PM
Adam Jones Orioles
18 game used bats-some signed some and some are not signed
signed game used Orioles jersey
batting gloves
2 signed game used fielding gloves
2 signed game used pairs of cleats
phiten game used necklace
2 game used hats
signed photo's and signed balls
2 Mariners game used signed jerseys
game used wristband

Nick Markakis Orioles
12 game used bats-1 is a pink 2011 game used mothers day bat-Some are signed.
game used orioles hat
game used pairs of batting gloves
2 pairs of game used cleats-1 pair is signed
game used fielding glove
photo and balls signed
wristband

Now all I need are game used helmets of both players and a Markakis game used jersey.

geof631@yahoo.com

Thanks
Geoff

murfsteve25
10-31-2011, 04:10 PM
I've got the David Justice collection. Which includes:

1991 Braves away jersey
1994 Braves away jersey
1995 Braves World Series away jersey
1996 Braves home jersey
1996 Braves World Series home jersey
1997 Indians alternate jersey
2000 Yankees home jersey
2000 Yankees BP jersey
2001 Yankees ST jersey

several game used bats
Indians hat
first baseman's mitt
A's batting helmet
Indians batting helmet
Braves cleats

project 4
10-31-2011, 04:13 PM
I've got the David Justice collection. Which includes:

1991 Braves away jersey
1994 Braves away jersey
1995 Braves World Series away jersey
1996 Braves home jersey
1996 Braves World Series home jersey
1997 Indians alternate jersey
2000 Yankees home jersey
2000 Yankees BP jersey
2001 Yankees ST jersey

several game used bats
Indians hat
first baseman's mitt
A's batting helmet
Indians batting helmet
Braves cleats

Ahh.. David Justice. Now there's a name I remember from the 90's... Have pics?

murfsteve25
10-31-2011, 04:39 PM

My camera was stolen not too long ago, but I'll try and figure out a way to get some pics up.

joelsabi
11-01-2011, 12:18 AM
This is the only game used forum I know of so far (being relatively new) and seems to have a strong community of collectors here. I'm slowly making the switch from cards to memorabilia and in the card collecting community player PC's were huge. With that said I was wondering who has the best Player collection out there? I've seen some impressive items collected but like the challenge and focus of collecting one or two players.

Welcome to the forum.

I think each member has his own favorite player collection on GUU based on his own interest and his own style of collecting. Your key word was “best” and not largest.

For me I enjoy watching the growth of Bill’s collection (ironmanfan) and enjoy when he shares.

What is there to like?

• He collects a great player.
• He has numerous many unique items that are HOF worthy.
• He has a great display area inside his home.
• He has some interesting stories behind collection.
• He is an expert on the player he collects and is the go to guy for information regarding Cal Ripken.
• He is a family man and a proud father (I even enjoy his son’s saxophone updates)
• Even the player he collects knows him by name.

If I had to trade my own collection for another collection it would be Bill’s collection.

murfsteve25
11-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Justice jerseys

murfsteve25
11-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Above is a pic of my Justice jerseys. Not pictured is the 1996 World Series home jersey because I am paying that now.

gingi79
11-01-2011, 06:02 PM
My players aren't HOF but the collections would be hard to surpass when it comes to rarity:

Matt Diaz: 8 different jersey styles:
Rookie Gray and White Tampa Rays (Only ones he wore)
White, Gray, Red, Blue and ST Atlanta Braves
"Piraten" Pirates (One of a kind style)

Game used and photomatched MLB Hologram Fielding Glove
Game used Pink bat.

Sami Salo: 12 different jersey styles many of which are one of a kind:
Detroit Vipers White (Only one he ever wore)
Rookie Ottawa Senators Black
Alternate Red Senators
Navy and white original Orca
Blue and white new Orca
White Stick in Rink Vintage (One of two he wore, the other is in the HOF)
Blue Stick in Rink (Worn in his 500th game)
White Orca with "A" (First time he wore it with the Canucks)
Photomatched Team Finland Vancouver Olympics white
Manitoba Moose (His only Moose jersey, scored his only goals and points, AHL Debut)

Game used gloves,
Game used stick
Goal scored puck.

Pics on my webshots below

34swtns
11-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Most won't know who this player is, but it's Dave Moore, 13-year veteran with the Buccaneers and 2 years with the Bills.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i56/34swtns/DaveMoorejerseys1.jpg

ironmanfan
11-04-2011, 06:55 AM
Welcome to the forum.

I think each member has his own favorite player collection on GUU based on his own interest and his own style of collecting. Your key word was “best” and not largest.

For me I enjoy watching the growth of Bill’s collection (ironmanfan) and enjoy when he shares.

What is there to like?

• He collects a great player.
• He has numerous many unique items that are HOF worthy.
• He has a great display area inside his home.
• He has some interesting stories behind collection.
• He is an expert on the player he collects and is the go to guy for information regarding Cal Ripken.
• He is a family man and a proud father (I even enjoy his son’s saxophone updates)
• Even the player he collects knows him by name.

If I had to trade my own collection for another collection it would be Bill’s collection.

Joel:

Thanks for the very nice post about my collection (and son)....My collection has been a great source of joy & satisfaction for me over the years...

Just to deomonstrate what a good guy Cal Ripken is, when I turned 50 over the summer, this is what he sent me:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/whhp72/Misc%20Ripken/50bday-2-1.jpg

Thanks again

Bill
whhp72@yahoo.com

joelsabi
11-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Joel:

Thanks for the very nice post about my collection (and son)....My collection has been a great source of joy & satisfaction for me over the years...

Just to deomonstrate what a good guy Cal Ripken is, when I turned 50 over the summer, this is what he sent me:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k172/whhp72/Misc%20Ripken/50bday-2-1.jpg

Thanks again

Bill
whhp72@yahoo.com

Bill,

that's a great baseball. i think its cool to know the person you collect especially in your case since Mr. Ripken is a true class act. I had to check to see how old Ripken was - 51.

metsbats
11-08-2011, 10:24 AM
I collect Ed Hearn and he refers to me as the "Biggest collector of Ed Hearn Memoriabilia" whenever he introduces me to people. He has said on occasion that I have more of his stuff when he was playing then he currently owns. Though I tell him he has the quality stuff (ie a WS game bat, WS jersey, and a WS trophy and WS ring!)

Ed only played for 3 years in the Majors in only 62 games so I 've been very fortunate to have 9 game used bats, 1 game used jersey from 1986, 1 game issued 85 spring training jersey, 1 87 game issued spring training jersey, 1 game issued KC Royals jersey. Also his 2006 86 Met reunion oversized plaque which was on the field at Shea during the reunion game and the 86 replica jersey which was given to him as a souvenir. One of my favorite items though is a ball incribed "David, Now Ya even have one of my balls!".

brianborsch
11-08-2011, 01:33 PM
I collect game issued/ready Evan Longoria bats and have managed to get one from each year he has been a professional (2007-2011). Unfortunately I may have to sell some of these as I have been unemployed for a bit. Still trying to find a job! Regardless, here they are:

joelsabi
11-08-2011, 04:20 PM
I collect Ed Hearn and he refers to me as the "Biggest collector of Ed Hearn Memoriabilia" whenever he introduces me to people. He has said on occasion that I have more of his stuff when he was playing then he currently owns. Though I tell him he has the quality stuff (ie a WS game bat, WS jersey, and a WS trophy and WS ring!)

Ed only played for 3 years in the Majors in only 62 games so I 've been very fortunate to have 9 game used bats, 1 game used jersey from 1986, 1 game issued 85 spring training jersey, 1 87 game issued spring training jersey, 1 game issued KC Royals jersey. Also his 2006 86 Met reunion oversized plaque which was on the field at Shea during the reunion game and the 86 replica jersey which was given to him as a souvenir. One of my favorite items though is a ball incribed "David, Now Ya even have one of my balls!".

nice items... what does the inscription say on the royal's jersey?

34swtns
11-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Got a chance to meet Dave Moore, 15-yr. veteran with the Bucs and Bills at his office in St. Petersburg. He signed all of my game jerseys and shared several stories about his days in the NFL. Super nice guy.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i56/34swtns/100_0625.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i56/34swtns/100_0624.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i56/34swtns/100_0626.jpg

frikativ54
11-09-2011, 06:42 PM
One of my favorite items though is a ball incribed "David, Now Ya even have one of my balls!".

Haha. That's neat to own. :p

metsbats
11-09-2011, 09:54 PM
nice items... what does the inscription say on the royal's jersey?

Joel,

Ed insribed it "David, This is one of my game used Royals jerseys. It even has the oder (sic)" Problem is I later found out the fonts of the NOB is incorrect and the number seven is missing the footing. It makes for a great conversation piece though.

project 4
11-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Got a chance to meet Dave Moore, 15-yr. veteran with the Bucs and Bills at his office in St. Petersburg. He signed all of my game jerseys and shared several stories about his days in the NFL. Super nice guy.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i56/34swtns/100_0625.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i56/34swtns/100_0624.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i56/34swtns/100_0626.jpg

Sweet. Is that Moore or you? Very nice NFL collection!

34swtns
11-09-2011, 11:38 PM
Hahaha! Dave is the tall guy in the photos.

admin_old
04-08-2016, 06:31 AM
Let's bump this thread and see some player collections! I'll post my Cano and Stanton collections this weekend.

GoCrazyFolks76
04-08-2016, 10:18 AM
Nice bump.

My vote would be for Whoman's Gwynn collection that he recently posted photos of in the memorabilia room thread. I see a lot of jerseys, bats, a silver slugger award, and even a gold glove award!

That's going to be hard to top.

whoman
04-10-2016, 01:50 PM
Hey thanks for your vote. It's been at least 30+ years of collecting, met a lot of really nice people along the way including friends and family of the Gwynns. Trying to dwindle this collection down a bit. I have too much stuff!! :D

shaunharr
04-15-2016, 01:37 AM
Not a big name, but definitely a big collection former Houston Astros catcher J.R. Towles.

(Game Used)
24 jerseys
12 bats
9 pants
1 locker tag
3 jersey name tags
1 catcher's mitt
1 pair of cleats

German Duran
10 bats
2 jerseys
1 glove