PDA

View Full Version : Rangers win AL pennant!

coxfan
10-16-2011, 06:52 AM
Maybe there's something to be said for anniversaries. My family went to a Braves' game in 1991, and I decided not to buy a book they had on sale there about the Braves' first 25 seasons in Atlanta (1966-90). After all, those 25 seasons had had only two postseason appearances and zero postseason wins. But starting that year, the Braves won 14 straight division titles and five NL pennants to go with the 1995 WS.

Last year was the 50th season for the Rangers' franchise, dating back to the expansion Washington DC club in 1961. And they won their first-ever postseason series', and their first league pennant, in that 50th season.

Any other franchises have any anniversaries we need to watch out for?

camarokids
10-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Congrats to the Rangers!!!

sox83cubs84
10-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Congrats to the Rangers!!!

I was rooting for the Tigers, but glad to see the Rangers getting a second shot if the Tigers didn't make it. At least it in't the Yankees or the Red Sox!

Dave Miedema

frikativ54
10-16-2011, 05:24 PM
I was rooting for the Tigers, but glad to see the Rangers getting a second shot if the Tigers didn't make it. At least it in't the Yankees or the Red Sox!

Dave Miedema

I couldn't have said it better myself. Congrats to the Rangers and especially to Josh Hamilton, my favorite player on the team.

ncbadges
10-16-2011, 07:26 PM
It was a great series for the Rangers. I'm glad we made past the Tigers. Hopefully, we'll go all the way!

I think Jim Leyland is a class act.

ncb

Astros7
10-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Maybe there's something to be said for anniversaries. My family went to a Braves' game in 1991, and I decided not to buy a book they had on sale there about the Braves' first 25 seasons in Atlanta (1966-90). After all, those 25 seasons had had only two postseason appearances and zero postseason wins. But starting that year, the Braves won 14 straight division titles and five NL pennants to go with the 1995 WS.

Last year was the 50th season for the Rangers' franchise, dating back to the expansion Washington DC club in 1961. And they won their first-ever postseason series', and their first league pennant, in that 50th season.

Any other franchises have any anniversaries we need to watch out for?

Astros will be celebrating 50 years next season....insert punch line here.

xpress34
10-21-2011, 08:36 AM
Good tight Series so far!

Heading to Arlington tied at 1 and both games 1 run wins....

camarokids
10-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Good tight Series so far!

Heading to Arlington tied at 1 and both games 1 run wins....

Big win last night for the Rangers!

If the visiting team can split the first two games and then go home with a tied series, that is huge!

Now the Rangers need to take at least 2 of the 3 games at home or they are toast!

lakeerie92
10-21-2011, 04:43 PM
I thought a Game 2 win for the Rangers would be much more important than Game 1. It takes away the Cardinals "happy flight" and their streak of winning travel day games dating back to July. It also gives them the momentum going back to Arlington. I was hoping if the Rangers didn't win Games 1 & 2 they would win Game 2 due to those reasons.