PDA

View Full Version : "sticky situation"

joshmiller0
10-14-2011, 05:31 PM
I took out one of my jerseys from the display case to find that it was just slightly stuck to the paint on the frame. I think the part that was stuck was the silver part in the picture that I posted since that is screened on rather than stitched. I also posted a picture of the frame and circled the residue that was left. The jersey is still in fine condition, but I was wondering if I should take any precautions. I'm guessing that it happened at some point during the summer when it was hot, although I had the ac on almost the whole time and the jersey is out of sunlight. I thought that maybe putting tissue paper between the jersey and the paint would be a good idea, but wasn't sure if it would then stick to the tissue paper.

Another question I have is that I have the back of the jersey signed and half of the jersey is folded since it is too long to fit in the frame. Part of it goes over the number that is signed. This part of the jersey is just cloth, but wasn't sure if I should put something in between it, although I'm assuming the cloth here would be fine.

I'd appreciate any suggestions you guys have.