PDA

View Full Version : Use the Media Baby!!!

EurekaDave
10-14-2011, 02:37 PM
I just filed a police report (US and Ontario, CA) on the banned blogger XPFO. It's mail fraud--taking my money and then not shipping. As a media guy I just had a brainstorm. When in doubt, use your local media. Find a hook, make a story. This is the e-mail I sent to three sports reporters at the London, Ontario Sun.

I am a general manager of a TV station in Eureka, California, KVIQ TV. I am also an avid sports memorabilia collector. And I have just filed a criminal complaint against a London, Ontario entrepreneur for international mail fraud. David Keen of London is a Mixed Martial Arts promoter as well as organizer of the Extreme Pillow Fighting Organization. Anyway, he has been using a US Sports Collectors' blog, Game Used Universe, to sell sports items he does not ship. I bought a game-used Miguel Tejada glove for $350 Another California victim, William Schubert, bought two game used hats of Jose Batista and never received them. I know this all sounds bizarre but I thought you might be interested (on a slow day). If you need more information, you may call me at 707-443-6666 or this e-mail. (das1721@att.net) Thanks for your interest.

Dave Silverbrand, General Manager
KVIQ TV

"Film at 11!"

frikativ54
10-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Probably should have been sent in press release format; there are examples on the internet of what you are looking for.

EurekaDave
10-15-2011, 01:24 AM
How's this. I sent it to all the radio stations and newspapers in Lond, Ontario. I got the idea watching a Lifetime movie.

A London, Ontario alternative sports promoter is under the gun for international mail fraud involving sports collectibles. David Keen, who promotes Mixed Martial Arts and “Extreme Pillow-fighting” is facing criminal charges for selling sports collectibles and then not shipping them. Two customers in California, including a TV station manager, say they bought hundreds of dollars in memorabilia but the merchandise was never sent.
Dave Silverbrand, manager of KVIQ TV in Eureka, California, reports that he bought a baseball glove used by Miguel Tejada. And William Schubert of Stockton, California, bought hats worn by Bluejays star Jose Batista.
David Keen manages more than 20 mixed martial arts fighters in London and has organized his own “Extreme Pillowfighting Organization.” XPFO.
Silverbrand reports that the suspected fraud is also under investigation by U.S. Postal Inspectors as well as a fraud taskforce including the FBI.

Dave Silverbrand can be reached at 707-443-6666 or dave.silverbrand@eurekatelevision.tv (dave.silverbrand@eurekatelevision.tv)
Eureka Police Officer Cooper or a public affairs officer are reachable at 707-441-4060
Keen uses the e-mail address davegameguy@yahoo.ca (davegameguy@yahoo.ca) and julielovesbunnies@hotmail.com (julielovesbunnies@hotmail.com)

frikativ54
10-15-2011, 10:10 AM
Much better, Dave. The only thing is that I don't see what the Extreme Pillow Fighting Organization has to do with your concerns. After all, he could have used that userid as a joke.