PDA

View Full Version : 3 ebay sales backed out of in 1 month.

emann
10-11-2011, 10:34 PM
So for the 3rd time in a month, it appears that I've won an auction only to have the seller back out. Paid via paypal and the sellers somehow declined receipt of that payment. No email response, nothing. It resulted in ebay/paypal sending ME emails to pay for the auction (since it was declined) and a non-paying bidder strike against me.

I assume they don't like the final selling price they got for the items. The first one was actually a "Buy it now" that was later relisted by the seller at 3 times the price they sold it to me for. I was able to leave him bad feedback which I assume I will be doing in the next case...

Is this the new trend? Anyone else had this happen lately?

Lokee
10-12-2011, 10:42 AM
It has happened to me on occasion. Pisses me off every time especially when you use BIN and pay the asking price.

cohibasmoker
10-12-2011, 10:47 AM
It's happened to me twice in the past couple of Months. What can you do? I wish eBay would suspend the Seller until the item is delivered but that won't happen. I just leave negative feedback and move on. With eBay, something usually shows up.

Jim

Baseball83
10-12-2011, 07:20 PM
I had a similar experience in August. I used "Buy it now" and then i payed immediately with Paypal. The next day I received notification that my money was returned. I sent the seller an email asking what happened. His response was that he was new to ebay and didn't really want to use the "Buy it Now" option. But he added that he had several people asking about the item off ebay and making offers. That is the part that really was disturbing. It was obvious what was happening. I reminded him that he entered into a binding contract and he needed to make good on his end. It was unfortunate that ebay sent me a reminder that I still needed to pay for the item when i already had done so. But i was caught in this loop of pay and returned pay. Finally I think that it was pure luck or the understanding that i was holding the seller accountable that I finally completed the transaction and received my item. I am not a lawyer, but i believe there are laws protecting consumers in this type of venue. We do need to hold the unscrupulous accountable. Nevertheless, I have had far too many good experiences dealing with more reputable sellers. I usually stick with them.

lakeerie92
10-12-2011, 07:55 PM
I have the issue that no buyer has paid for an item immediately from me despite using buy it now. I always end up waiting several days to hear from the buyer and recently had my first non paying bidder.

Too many people are overly concerned with getting every penny they can out of an item. If it sells to soon they think they listed too low. When I list an item I have a price I want in mind. Normally 50-66% of my Buy it Now price. If it ends after 2 minutes at the price I want I am happy. I won't even let it sit around and see if I get any better offers. I like to reward people that take action.