PDA

View Full Version : Help on a Jason Witten Team Cut Authentic Jersey

hfd0035
10-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Hello,

I am in need on any info on these Dallas Cowboys Team/Game cut authentic jerseys that are sold every now and again in the Dallas Cowboys Pro Shops. There are also a few listed on ebay at the moment and are listed as "Game Issued". I have only come across 3 of these jerseys and I have been in 3 different Cowboys Pro Shops

Example:
On sale $150.00-Team Cut Authentic Jason Witten Jersey with a swatch tag that says 09-50. The jersey is basically sleeveless with elastic and the jersey also seems to be quite longer with an elastic waistband. It looks like the jersey was actually fitted for Witten himself.

The jersey looks like the real deal.

I understand they were never worn by the player but could these jerseys have been issued to the team? Or did Ol Jerry Jones just make a line of these to look like the real deal. Any help would be great

Thx

mad87man
10-04-2011, 07:39 PM
I believe and can't be 100% sure i think the Cowboys mark all the jerseys as game issued which means they are cut for that player but some may be worn and have seen repairs and some wear.

Aloving77
10-04-2011, 08:05 PM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u296/aloving77/Cowboys%20Gamers/WittenFront.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u296/aloving77/Cowboys%20Gamers/WittenBack.jpg

hfd0035
10-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Thx Madmen!

Aloving77 the jersey I saw is identical without the COA stickers.

Thx for your help guys!

I'd love to hear from anyone who has any knowledge before I decide to break the bank! If the jerseys are still there tomorrow

Aloving77
10-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Do they have any other players' team issued jerseys? If so, could you let me know which players? My e-mail is aloving77@aol.com

neverfinished94
10-05-2011, 01:02 AM
These are not game issued jerseys. They are retail jerseys. All game issued jerseys are sold under a generic game used barcode

hfd0035
10-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Just wanted to thank you guys for the input. These Jerseys have a tag on the inside that says made in Berlin, Wisconsin. From what Ive been reading there is a company in Berlin, WI named Ripon that makes jerseys for the NFL teams for game use and are not available for purchase. The retail authentic jerseys are mostly made in Vietnam. So I guess these jerseys are actually team/game cut for the specific player but were not ever used. By the way, the Miles Austin is a size 46. I dont think the retail jerseys even make sizes that small.

34swtns
10-06-2011, 03:09 PM
hdf0035, could you shoot me an email when you get a chance? I have a question for you.

rickdrums99@yahoo.com

hfd0035
10-08-2011, 12:33 PM
34swtns, I responded to your email. hfd0035@yahoo.com

JasonBanz
10-08-2011, 06:33 PM
I know my response is a little late, but retail jerseys are not tagged with the year and size, Also other retail jerseys are not hemmed as such and do not have the hole that Dallas ysed to hook the zip ties to the shoulder pads. Just my 2 cents!

hfd0035
10-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Jason thx, I appreciate any input no matter how long it takes. Makes me feel better for buying the 5 team cut jerseys (thats all they had). I hate to waste space with questions about team issued and not game used, but Im hearing that players may have worn, tried on for size, used for team promotion events, etc. And yes, all have the Berlin WI tag, year and size tag, and hole in the chest plate. The only jersey without the hole in the chest was a Miles Austin blue jersey labeled 07-44. Maybe being so small has something to do with that. The only info the Dallas Cowboys Pro Shop had for me was that they came from the corporate office in Big D. Thx again for your help!

Greg

JasonBanz
10-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Greg,
Certainly! Glad to help! Collecting memorabilia from your favorite team is always fun to do and talk about! Great pickups!

34swtns
10-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Greg, did you get my reply to your reply? :D

Never heard back, just wondering. I'd be interested in snagging an Austin if you could point me in the right direction.

34swtns
10-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Still no response???

Something I said? Geez. :rolleyes:

hfd0035
10-10-2011, 04:57 PM
Hmmm, I dunno whats going on.... I have not recieved an email from you. Let me try and send you another. This is right, correct rickdrums99@yahoo.com?

short84
11-12-2011, 02:57 PM
I just purchased one of these Cowboys team cut authentic jerseys that was listed on eBay as team/game issued jersey. To the untrained eye or novice collector they look just like a game issued or player issued jersey. The tail tag, if present, is identical to a game issued jersey. It also has the inner tag that says Made in Berlin, WI which is why the seller determined it had to be a real game or player issued (he was wrong!) jersey. The fabric is just a little lighter in weight than an actual game issued/worn jersey and the number fronts on the shoulders are different. The one I purchased was labeled 07-44. The second I removed it from the envelop, I could tell it was not a jersey meant for game use based upon the lighter weight fabric and the overall feel of the fabric. I compared it to a real game used jersey made by Reebok labeled 07 (manufactured in 2007 just like the pro cut jersey) and the letters used on the name plated are a lower quality with poorer stitching. The stitches are spaced further apart and the letters aren't straight like they are on an actual game issued/used jersey. Also the numbers on the shoulders are larger than on an actual game issued/used jersey and a lighter weight. Overall, if you are familiar with Dallas Cowboys game used/worn jerseys, you can tell these "authentic game cut" jerseys are a lower quality but very similar. Be careful -- since the tagging is identical to an actual game used/issued jersey it is easily to be mislead into thinking you are buying a real game jersey when you might be purchasing an authentic game cut jersey instead. They look like the real deal when all you have to go by are photographs.

hfd0035
11-12-2011, 06:59 PM
A couple of threads from Jerseycentral.org and extremeskins.com

The NFL jerseys made by Ripon for the teams are protected by NFL licensing. They are not available for consumer purchase

The jerseys made by Ripon in Berlin, WI for Reebok are not available for sale. The only way to get one is to buy a game-used or team-issued jersey, like you did in the NFL auction.

TEAM-ISSUED
ordered by a team and intended for game use--but not worn or used. These jerseys will have been team stock, part of the equipment room inventory, but may not have had player's names applied and will not have received the customization that a specific player may request.

It was sold to me from the Dallas Cowboys Pro Shop as team issued for $150.00 so I actually lost money by selling it for $140.00 as well as ebay/paypal fees. I did plenty of investigating before I listed these to sell. Heres a line from the auction stating it was not being sold as game used.

Team Issued/ Game Cut jerseys made in Berlin, WI for the NFL teams/players are not available in retail stores. These jerseys were sent to various Dallas Cowboys Pro Shops by the Dallas Cowboys. These are jerseys made for the player for game use. Team Cut/Issue jerseys are meant for game use but were somehow never used in a game. These jerseys MAY or have been tried on by the player for sizing, used at player promotions, autograph signings, special events, etc. This is not being sold as a game-worn jersey. This is a very rare collectable for any Dallas Cowboys or Miles Austin fan!
AGAIN, THIS JERSEY WAS MEANT FOR THE NFL PLAYER FOR GAMETIME USE BUT MOST LIKELY STASHED AWAY IN THE DALLAS COWBOYS EQUIPMENT ROOM.

I only listed information from threads and what I was told by the Pro Shop. I bought all 5 they had and I thought the 07-44 was one of the nicest. Especially the Cowboys Star stitching on the sleeves.

I planned on keeping them for Autographs but I ended up buying a few game used D-Ware items for a a small fortune, to me that is. I would never intentionally lie to make a profit or in this case lose money. Just wanted to take away a dent for my new D-Ware collection. Anyway, refund headed your way my friend. BTW, in the auction, after the MAY in caps was supposed to be a NOT, my bad. I see why it was confusing. I am very much a rookie with these game used items, but I have to say its pretty fun!