PDA

View Full Version : How many jerseys?

Titans74
10-04-2011, 02:35 AM
A few questions I was pondering.

Approx. how many home/away jerseys does any given player go through in a 162 game season?

What are the chances a player wore the same jersey for two consectutive road series spanning 5 games over 7 days (2 days off in between games)?

kylehess10
10-04-2011, 09:22 AM
It varies by every single team and every single player.

Some teams limit the amount of jerseys, and some just don't care and you see players have 10-15 sets.

xpress34
10-04-2011, 09:47 AM
As far as the Colorado Rockies go, I cannot answer the number of jerseys for a 162 game series, but I can say fairly definitively that players called up in September get ONE of each type of jersey which makes it so much easier to verify their use.

How can I be so sure? I have THREE Rockies Home Vests all from September call ups:

2009 Jason Giambi (1st Appearance as a Rockie)
2009 Eric Young Jr (1st MLB HR - which I recovered)
2010 Michael McKenry (MLB Debut)

All three can be photo matched to any game the vests were worn in their respective Septembers.

Also, how many jerseys would you make for a guy for a 30 day or less call up that may or may not play every day and that may or may not be with your team after the season?

Hope this helps in one area...

- Smitty

legaleagle92481
10-04-2011, 10:30 AM
A few questions I was pondering.

Approx. how many home/away jerseys does any given player go through in a 162 game season?

What are the chances a player wore the same jersey for two consectutive road series spanning 5 games over 7 days (2 days off in between games)?

It varies by team but I would say that a jersey would be worn for at least an entire road trip. The exception being games where special jerseys are worn (i.e, Jackie Robinson Day, Throwback night, etc.) or if the jersey was ruined or otherwise was no longer wearable. Teams normally change home jerseys more frequently than road jerseys because they are more distinctive and desirable to most collectors but even those are normally worn for at least a series each. Baseball is not like the NFL in that I don't think any team wears a new jersey every game or even every two or three games, there are just too many games for that. You can try photomatching the jersey as well.

Titans74
10-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Thank you for the input everyone. Legal, I've been able to match the jersey to one game for sure. That's when I started wondering if perhaps Ruben Tejada could have worn the same jersey over the entire road trip.

The dates in question are all 2011. It's definitley the jersey from the 22nd. Any help matching to the other dates would be great.

Sept 22 @ Stl (photomatch)
Sept 20 @ Stl
Sept 18 @ Atl
Sept 17 @ Atl
Sept 16 @ Atl