PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Tito!

gameused
10-01-2011, 12:46 AM
Gonna miss Terry Francona of the Red Sox, class act all the way! Big shoes to fill!!

Bobby

emann
10-01-2011, 01:04 AM
Agreed. This is the first time I can remember that a sports transaction (like a player being traded or let go) actually made me sad. Much worse than watching the meltdown the other night....

Not to go on a rant, but I think the Red Sox ownership made a huge error by letting Francona go at this point. He's easily the best manager they've had in 30+ years and I don't think the collapse was really his fault. I can't imagine who they're going to replace him with either...

I think it was Epstein's turn to go: the bad free agent moves, the unfilled void for 8 years at shortstop, the pitching, etc... All problems he either created or didn't solve since the last championship run.

sox83cubs84
10-02-2011, 10:52 AM
While this recent turn of events is disheartening for Bosox fans, it's very possible that the Curse of the Bambino may still exist were it not for the team having Terry at the helm. I always have liked the guy...classy, fan-friendly, and represented in my collection with a game-used cap he gave me when he was manager of the Phillies.

He'll bounce back pretty soon, I have no doubt. If that bounce lands him on the south side of Chicago (or the north side, if Quade is let go) I'll be ecstatic.

Dave Miedema