PDA

View Full Version : Carl Crawford GU Uncracked bat looks alot like a very familiar bat...

brianborsch
09-17-2006, 01:35 PM
Hello all,

I just wanted to see what people think. I got this bat off a member of this forum after putting up a posting for GU Carl Crawford bats.

I have not gotten it yet but it should arrive next week. The seller says it has the most use on a bat he has seen that is uncracked.

Take a close look and you will notice it is warped to some degree. I thought this bend looked familiar so I compared it to Shoeless Joe's Black Betsy and look at how similar the bend is! I know, I know, Black Betsy was used throughout all of JoeJackson's career and this bat was used during one season. I just thought it was neat.

Cheers!

earlywynnfan
09-17-2006, 08:20 PM
I take it this is why you never replied to me after I sent you scans?

Ken

brianborsch
09-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Hey Ken,

I never got any scans. I swear. I emailed you after the initial email because I didn't hear from you for a couple days, and you said you would get me scans later that day. That evening I checked my email and had nothing.

Next morning I checked my email and there was nothing still. In the meantime, this other member had posted a reply to my post on the forum.

Since I didn't hear from you I contacted him and he showed me what he had. I only liked the bat that I pictured in this post so I bought it.

I still hav yet to see your bats. Send the pics to me and if I like the use on them I will buy one of them as well. Who knows, maybe two. But I need to see them before I buy.

Let me know.

Brian B