PDA

View Full Version : Rays fans can memorialize their first Postseason Game

dplettn
09-29-2011, 01:28 PM
For those of you who are going to a Rays playoff game in Tampa, you might benefit to know that if arranged at least 1 day in advance you can have a Rays playoff game ball delivered right to your seat (https://secure.mlb.com/tb/fan_forum/game_ball_form.jsp)!

Thinking of all the fans that will be at their 1st playoff game -- possibly taking their kids to the first major league game at all, I really hope this helps some folks to memorialize their experience.

Congrats to the Rays and baseball fans everywhere on what was one absolutely astonishing night of baseball. I was absolutely glued to my TV.

camarokids
09-29-2011, 01:32 PM
FYI, the Rays do NOT play in Tampa! they play in St. Petersburg!

The Rays were in the playoffs and World Series in 2008. They also played in the ALDS in 2010.

Now that is cool about the game used ball. I bet it is expensive.

Klattsy
09-29-2011, 06:38 PM
I bet it is expensive.

$125

dplettn
09-30-2011, 10:18 AM
$125

I posted in the general sports discussion (not in the game used category) because what the Rays are selling isn't the commodity of a ball, rather the experience of getting a game ball delivered right to your seat. Those with kids probably realize the difference between such an experience and buying a ball.

The price is higher for a Playoff Game than a regular season game (which they also do), much like the experience of going to the game.

There isn't a right or wrong as to whether a team should sell items, or provide experiences, IMHO. The key for the club is to create a positive sentiment with fans, always. That is what requires the organization's planning and execution.