PDA

View Full Version : Longoria's bat already MLB authenticated?

spartanservitto
09-28-2011, 09:25 PM
There is a great shot of Longo hitting in the 8th... they show the knob of his bat, I am positive I saw an MLB hologram, can anyone verify this?

-Tony

lakeerie92
09-28-2011, 11:20 PM
It is probably the 4th or 5th time I have seen this with a Longoria bat. Authenticators all seem to have there own little things they do and I like this one. It opens up the possibility of getting an unbroken authenticated bat.

emann
09-28-2011, 11:26 PM
I saw this the other night, the helmet Vlad Guerrero was wearing had an authentication sticker on the back. He had set the record for most hits by a Dominican born player the night before... You'd think the possibliity of the holos being damaged is pretty high (I've bought some on ebay that are worn down by poor storage, nevermind being played with).

maverick14
09-28-2011, 11:26 PM
If it's the same bat he used for that walk off I'd imagine it's not making it to any auction or game used shop after how that game played out.

spartanservitto
09-28-2011, 11:29 PM
It is probably the 4th or 5th time I have seen this with a Longoria bat. Authenticators all seem to have there own little things they do and I like this one. It opens up the possibility of getting an unbroken authenticated bat.

I actually like the idea if it gives us the opportunity to purchase uncracked bats, if a guy decides to shut a bat down after a game... its worth it to me.

-Tony

spartanservitto
09-28-2011, 11:30 PM

Do you think MLB is taking the opportunity to catalog historic moments/events via the bat being brought back to the dugout and verifying the hologram over and over?

-Tony

slambam
09-28-2011, 11:39 PM
It's true, here's a post from a while back about the same subject...

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=37829