PDA

View Full Version : Help from Texas Rangers Collectors

CollectGU
09-23-2011, 08:51 AM
I recently picked up an Ian Kinsler 2006 (rookie), road gray vest. Besides the year and set tag, it has a white swatch sewn into the inner tail with a control number - 06031. It looks similar to the old control tags used by Meigray, but their agreement with the Rangers ended in 2004. Does anyone know if the Rangers or perhaps their clubhouse store continued to use these inventory control tags in 2006? Does anyone have a 2006 (or perhaps an 2005) Rangers jersey with the swatch? I will post photos when I get home to show what the swatch looks like.

Thanks for any help,
Dave

sox83cubs84
09-23-2011, 01:21 PM
I checked my files...the tags were still being used by Texas in 2006.

Dave Miedema

CollectGU
09-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Thnaks for the input Dave. Attached are the photos. You'll notice that the swatch is on the inside of the tail across from the majestic tagging. Does the swatch material and font appear to be the same as in your files? Doesd anyone else have 2005 or 2006 to compare this to? The jersey shows very good use. It's hard to even make out the set on the year swatch tag. Does anyone know where theses jerseys with the swatches originated (texas rangers direct or thru clubhouse store?) There must be a database somewhere for these swatch codes Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave

Fnazxc0114
09-24-2011, 11:13 PM
collectgu, every rangers jersey i own has one of those tags on the inside of the jersey. Not sure if they used them in 2006, but your tag is identical to all of the tags i have in my jerseys.

CollectGU
09-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the input. I assume the Rangers put these on and must have a database somewhere for the inventory tags? Anyone else have any Rangers jerseys with the swatch? Do 20005's start 05? It would be fair to assume that this Kinsler rookie originated directly from the Rangers based on this tagging?

Dave

KeepmflyinTX
11-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Dave, the Texas Rangers recently held at 3 day warehouse sale at the stadium. Among the itmes were many game used jerseys and equipment. I purchased 4 jerseys. When the cashier entered those numbers into the register, she knew who the jersey was assigned to and what season it was used. Last month through the Rangers Gift Shop, I was lucky enough to acquire a Nelson Cruz game used jersey from the 2010 ALDS. MLB attached the hologram to the jersey and the number does confirm that it was worn during the 2010 ALDS series. It does not have the tag. The warehouse sale did not have any 2010 jerseys so I was not able to examine them for the tags. Is there anyone out there who might have some information on 2010 Texas Ranger jerseys. Thanks in advance.