PDA

View Full Version : Descentes MLB Jerseys

Zeenuts
09-20-2011, 11:52 PM
Does anyone know if Descentes provided MLB clubs with jerseys in the 1980's? If so, which clubs used these jerseys and approximately when? Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

TNTtoys
09-21-2011, 10:46 AM
Descente (no S on the end) manufactured MLB uniforms for the Pittsburgh Pirates during the late '70s / early '80s. I don't know of any other MLB teams they manufactured uniforms for.

Zeenuts
09-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Thank you for the information. It is much appreciated. Do you or anyone know who was the manufacturer of Orioles jerseys from the early to mid-1980's?

Zeenuts
09-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Were the early to mid-1980's Orioles home jerseys a very light blue or off-white shade, rather than a white uniform? Please contact Zeenuts@hawaii.rr.com if you have any information. Thank you.

TNTtoys
09-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Thank you for the information. It is much appreciated. Do you or anyone know who was the manufacturer of Orioles jerseys from the early to mid-1980's?

I have all the information at home and can check tonight. From what I know off the top of my head is that the Orioles used many manufacturers in the early to mid 1980s. A quick web search yielded game used examples from Wilson, Rawlings, Sand Knit, and I even found 1 Descente jersey. Disclaimer -- the Descente jersey did look very odd to me, and I couldn't tell you much about it. Maybe someone like Dave Miedema could comment on it? Here's a link:

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=55430&qf=title&t=Closed&q=bumbry&p=0

TNTtoys
09-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Were the early to mid-1980's Orioles home jerseys a very light blue or off-white shade, rather than a white uniform? Please contact Zeenuts@hawaii.rr.com if you have any information. Thank you.

The home jerseys were white.

sox83cubs84
09-21-2011, 02:53 PM
I have all the information at home and can check tonight. From what I know off the top of my head is that the Orioles used many manufacturers in the early to mid 1980s. A quick web search yielded game used examples from Wilson, Rawlings, Sand Knit, and I even found 1 Descente jersey. Disclaimer -- the Descente jersey did look very odd to me, and I couldn't tell you much about it. Maybe someone like Dave Miedema could comment on it? Here's a link:

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=55430&qf=title&t=Closed&q=bumbry&p=0

Descente used a numerical font (front and back) that was far different than that used by Rawlings before and after their two years of supplying the O's with home uniforms (1980-81). The orange alternate through the mid-80s were all by Wilson, while home whites from 1982-86 were by Rawlings, as well as the 1980-81 road greys. Sand-Knit supplied the road greys from 1982-86.

FWIW, the Pirates went to Descente for their 1977-79 bumble bee pinstripes, and all of their black knit and mesh jerseys (1977-84).

Dave Miedema

Zeenuts
09-21-2011, 06:24 PM
Thank you everyone for the very helpful information. It is much appreciated.