PDA

View Full Version : My Haul for the 2011 MiLB Season

Insomniac186
09-19-2011, 03:43 PM
This was the first MiLB season that I got really into it, and I closely followed three teams; the San Jose Giants, Stockton Ports, and Sacramento River Cats. All three teams made the playoffs. The San Jose Giants lost the Cal Leage Nothern Division playoffs to the Ports, and then the Ports and River Cats lost their league championship games. I feel blessed that I got to see several top prospects that I know will soon become stars such as Gary Brown and Michael Choice.

I am also beginner at collecting game used gear. This was my first season that I acquired game used gear and autos on my own. I feel quite accomplished and proud, and now that the season is over I'd like to show off my loot if you all don't mind.

Cap:
Stockton Ports patriotic cap game used by Mike Benacka including various signatures.

Jerseys:
San Jose Giants patriotic jersey used by a bat boy including various signatures.

San Jose Giants alternate jersey used and signed by Addison Proszek. The jersey was also used by Jose Valdez. Both jerseys include COAs.

Bats:
Gary Brown of the San Jose Giants game used and signed cracked bat. Includes COA.

Wendell Fairley of the San Jose Giants game used and signed uncracked bat. Includes signatures of the entire team as of 9/11 except coach Gary Davenport. Also includes some players that went up to AA and AAA and down to low-A, as well as Brandon Belt and Barry Zito (they were there for rehab assignments). I missed Aaron Wheeler and a few others that moved on.

Rashun Dixon of the Stockton Ports game used and signed uncracked bat. Includes signature of Michael Choice and Mike Benacka.

Joey Devine(?) of the Sacramento River Cats game used uncracked bat signed by Andy LaRoche, Kevin Kouzmanoff, Anthony Recker, Chris Carter, and Michael Taylor.

Signed Baseballs:
Gary Brown of the San Jose Giants
Michael Choice of the Stockton Ports
Angelo Songco & Preston Mattingly (Don's son) of the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c336/insomniac186/2011milbhaul.jpg

vdsporty25
09-19-2011, 04:36 PM
That's a great collection you have going! Collecting the minor league guys can be a lot of fun as you watch these guys advance up the ladder to the big show knowing you have met some of them and they took time to sign for you and maybe give you a hat or bat after a game!! That's where my collecting game used items took shape 12+ years ago!! Congrats and enjoy!! :D

coxfan
09-20-2011, 07:58 AM
Congratulations! I watched the Class A Mets' affiliate for years in Columbia, SC. But I wasn't into collecting, so I missed some great opportunities. I could have easily obtained auto's of Ron Washington, when he managed here. Or David Wright, or lots of guys on the visiting teams that went on to fame.

But on the other end of things, I got some past players who came back to manage or coach in the minors: eg Jack Fisher, who was pitching coach here. He had a sort of negative fame as the guy who pitched Maris' 60th HR, as well as Ted Williams' last HR.