PDA

View Full Version : Maybe not our cup of tea...but WOW!!!!

d2ray13
09-17-2011, 11:54 PM
I'll keep this short and sweet, because I want to hear everyone's opinion.

Tonight's fight:

Ortiz vs. Mayweather

trsent
09-18-2011, 12:10 AM
I'll keep this short and sweet, because I want to hear everyone's opinion.

Tonight's fight:

Ortiz vs. Mayweather

Mayweather on a cheap knockout will be my prediction.

Maybe now he has to fight Pacman?

yankees506
09-18-2011, 12:10 AM
i have never walked away from a sporting event more dissapointed, nobody deserved to win, two wrongs dont make a right. or in this case a left and a right hook.... smh:mad: :confused:

maverick14
09-18-2011, 09:35 AM
I'll be the first one to admit that Mayweather is incredibly skillful and one of the greatest ever. Greatest alive I refuse to acknowledge until Pacman-Mayweather takes place. Nonetheless though, I can't stand Mayweather's arrogance, lack of class, etc. He's an embarrassment I think. Ortiz should be fined/suspended for his head butt and while Mayweather technically did no wrong everyone knows his TKO was as cheap as they come. What bothered me even more was his post fight tirade where he insulted an 80 year old Larry Merchant for no reason.

geoff
09-18-2011, 01:24 PM
He is a great fighter but who would talk to a reporter like that.Larry has been interviewing for years so Merriweather should have more respect for a guy like him.

freddiefreeman5
09-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Ortiz got what he deserved for his cowardly headbutt. He actually tried to headbutt one time before that also.
I don't like Mayweather but Ortiz was being a coward and a cheat.

CampWest
09-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Both guys were in trouble. Ortiz was getting pounded by right hands. Mayweather was getting into trouble when Ortiz managed to get inside or get Mayweather against the ropes and throw combinations.

Ortiz got horribly frustrated at Mayweather's stellar defense and made the most blatant and inexcusable intentional headbutt.

Mayweather who is a dirty fighter himself, reacted the only way he knew how... by finding the first opportunity to retaliate in an unsportsmanlike manner. I thought he was going to deck Ortiz just before the hug... Mayweather kept his hands up going into the hug and waited for the idiot ref to look away like a WWF referee...

I watched the replay a dozen times and never saw the ref call the boxers back to fight.

Cheap shot for cheap shot.
Unsportsmanlike for unsportsmanlike.

Boxing has long struggled with image, lack of integrity, and its tough to argue that this fight increased boxing's popularity. The undercard was okay but underwhelming.

The highlight of the night was not the cheap shots, nor the headbutt, nor the 34yo Mayweather picking a fight with an 80 year old man. The highlight was not even the spurting blood-jet cut opened up over the left eye of the 21yo Cano fighting on two weeks preparation against Erik Morales - who frankly didnt deserve the title shot. Morales struggled with the kid who was a late replacement.

Nope, none of those were the highlight. The highlight for me was watching the fights at an AMC movie theater on the ultimate big screen. Seriously, check that out sometime, I'll probably be back there in a couple months for the Pacquiao fight. Hopefully, it will go to a more natural conclusion than Mayweather-Ortiz.

jetersbatboy
09-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Money Mayweather!!!!

CampWest
09-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Money Mayweather!!!!

Huh, I didnt think he'd sign anything less than a fifty... :p Pretty cool.

jetersbatboy
09-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Huh, I didnt think he'd sign anything less than a fifty... :p Pretty cool.

Lets just say my cousin works at Spearmint Rhino ( http://www.spearmintrhinolv.com/ ) in Las Vegas and got it signed!;), Floyd is a frequent Visitor.