PDA

View Full Version : Bogus 1980s common jersey

sox83cubs84
09-16-2011, 09:04 PM
One eBay seller has what's described as a 1983 "spring training" Bo Diaz Phillies home gamer. Howard Wolf pointed this one out to me, and the jersey is a joke, as far as the MLB Phillies go:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Game-Worn-1983-Phillies-Bo-Diaz-Jersey-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqIOKioE5dTWDpq(BOck16Wkfw~~60_12.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Game-Worn-1983-Phillies-Bo-Diaz-Jersey-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqQOKjgE5VchG8nbBOck2Vhvkg~~60_12.JPGThe flaws are numerous...erroneouly located Wilson tag, wrong numerical font, no NOB, no NIC or year/set tail strip tags, and more. The seller has not responded to an email sent regarding this...instead, he has relisted it with the "spring training" notation and, rather than his original opening bid of $300, he apparently started it a $9.99, has 3 bids that have put the current high a hair over $20, and has a reserve on the piece. There are plenty of good Phillies knits from this era out there...stay away from this one.:mad:

Dave Miedema

trsent
09-17-2011, 08:46 AM
All eBay sellers should be required to include a picture of their personal clothing closet with all listings.

rdeversole
09-17-2011, 11:40 AM
All eBay sellers should be required to include a picture of their personal clothing closet with all listings.

Haha! Yeah, I don't understand why people don't try to take at least decent photos. I've seen too many gross toenails and unsightly half naked reflections in ebay listings.

sox83cubs84
09-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Haha! Yeah, I don't understand why people don't try to take at least decent photos. I've seen too many gross toenails and unsightly half naked reflections in ebay listings.

...and don't forget the Forum's favorite whipping boy, the toilet seat seller.:p

Dave M.

jppopma
09-17-2011, 07:47 PM
At least those are the clean clothes.....he could have taken the pic with it laying on a dirty stained bedsheet like I have seem way too many of.

Yeah the nasty toenails are always bad too (thankfully I've never looked close enough to see the half naked reflections)