PDA

View Full Version : Help with this jersey

Airtron1
09-15-2006, 09:33 PM
what do you guys think I know not a thing about rangers items from 2002
http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHN-ROCKER-2002-TEXAS-RANGERS-game-worn-jersey-ST_W0QQitemZ140025527707QQihZ004QQcategoryZ60597QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

intheminors
09-16-2006, 10:49 AM
I'm interested in a response as well. I saw a couple of these jerseys this morning.

I've already purchased a "game-used" Michael Young jersey from another member but I'd like to know if these are legit.

Thanks.

Kyle
www.intheminors.com (http://www.intheminors.com)

kingjammy24
09-16-2006, 01:10 PM
you're aware that this particular mass of jerseys are batting practice jerseys?

additionally, the seller states that every shirt in this group is from spring training.

it appears they made some mass purchase of spring training bp jerseys. i don't see "authenticity" issues with them. (it'd seem difficult to acquire a mass purchase of 200 bad shirts). i haven't gone through each and every one of them but for the most part, they seem to look good.

the jerseys all have specific years assigned to them and i'm not entirely sure how the seller was able to do that. ie: the seller has 2 main styles of rangers bp jerseys which were each used during specific time periods. the shirts with red lettering/numbering were used 1994-2000 while the shirts with white lettering/numbering were used 2001-2002. given that many players in the lot appeared at the rangers spring training for more than 1 year and that a given style of majestic tagging ran for a couple years, it would seem difficult to pinpoint a specific year for every single player in the lot.

at any rate, the shirts look good (albeit a little pricey; $600 for a hank blalock spring training bp?). in terms of this specific rocker jersey, i would just check and make sure that rocker was at the rangers spring training in 2002 and what number he used. i'd also make sure there's a size tag sewn underneath the majestic tag (the pictures are too blurry to make out the tagging). other than that, it seems good and looks like an interesting lot.

personally i really like (older) bp jerseys. i think they're underrated. for one, they're far rarer than game jerseys. as well, they often show excellent use and are priced considerably cheaper than gamers. i'd love to find some 1989-1992 american league, regular season, bp jerseys that haven't been recycled through the minors. there seem to be hardly any out there. perhaps many aren't interested in them because they aren't "gamers" and are a relatively low dollar item.

rudy.

suave1477
09-16-2006, 07:00 PM
He has a lot of nice jerseys!!! a little pricey on some.

Correct me if I am wrong but didnt MeiGray have control of all the Rangers Jerseys from 2002 - 2004?

He states some of his Jerseys are from 2002 and 2003 so im just curious.

Airtron1
09-17-2006, 09:29 AM
i thought they had a contract with them too. but the number and size is right for rocker. i just was not sure about the style of jersey and all of that stuff thanks for all of the help

Airtron1
09-17-2006, 04:40 PM
Guess I waited too long jersey was sold

jessicawinters
09-18-2006, 12:56 AM
Should we abandon all thread headings like "Help with this jersey"? That's what this forum is for! It's usually either a bat or jersey, and we're most often seeking advice or pointing out something. Much more prudent to at least name the item in question.

kingjammy24
09-18-2006, 01:13 PM
i don't believe meigray ever handled the bp jerseys. i believe they just handled the game jerseys.

rudy.