PDA

View Full Version : every jersey worn in NFL will hit NFL auctions : )

Dolphins23
09-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Every jersey worn today is going to hit NFL auctions which is really cool!

All proceeds will go to 9/11 victims so nows your chance to win great gear and make a change in peoples lives!

Good luck guys! Really would like to win a Stevie Johnson or Fitzpatrick because these guys are going to be studs!

P.S Love the 911 patch!

Dolphins23
09-11-2011, 12:51 PM
and if we could use this thread to post all jerseys won with 9/11 patch as a memorial to the 10 years that would be awsome. Can't wait to see some members 9/11 pick ups once the auctions end : ) Good luck and GOD BLESS AMERICA

AutographAddiction
09-11-2011, 01:11 PM
I'll be bidding on many Tar Heels in the Pros and Carolina Panthers jerseys! When is the auction?

bruno89
09-11-2011, 01:14 PM
WOW thats great ,i will be bidding on my Eagles ,probably low end players since NFL auctions always go for higher then they should ,but its for a great cuase and great jerseys as they never wash them either=)

MLB~NUT
09-11-2011, 02:01 PM
I hopeMLB does the same.....

Todd Vernon

toddman26@sbcglobal.net

Shipp_96
09-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Awesome news! Lots of low end NFL Penn State alums I would love to get. I wonder if they will stagger it over the entire year?

ivo610
09-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Where did you read that EVERY jersey will be auctioned off?

Mattapan03
09-11-2011, 02:52 PM
I find it hard to believe that EVERY SINGLE JERSEY from today will be auctioned off. Maybe 5-10 per team, yes.....but 53. I doubt that

gwh11
09-11-2011, 02:54 PM
I'm also curious as to the source. NFL Auctions site doesn't state that, so it would be great if you could site a credible source for that assertion.
-Guy

masp3392
09-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Every jersey worn today is going to hit NFL auctions which is really cool!

All proceeds will go to 9/11 victims so nows your chance to win great gear and make a change in peoples lives!

Good luck guys! Really would like to win a Stevie Johnson or Fitzpatrick because these guys are going to be studs!

P.S Love the 911 patch!

i cant wait!!!

solarlottry
09-11-2011, 04:02 PM
It was mentioned that SOME of the jerseys from today's game would be auctioned off at NFL Auctions in the future. ALL the shirts auctioned would be autographed. From what I saw it did not say that all would be sold.

Always buying 49ers gamers
Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

34swtns
09-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Definitely not all the jerseys.

I won't bother with the charity auction because it's open to anyone and everyone and you end up bidding against WAY more people than you would with an auction house, hence ridiculous prices.

Dolphins23
09-11-2011, 05:39 PM
I didn't mean every single jersey. Should have been more specific but then again who knows, we will have to wait and see.

I wonder if the dolphins and pats will wear the 9/11 patch seeing as to how they are playing on 9/12. Green bay saints didn't wear the patch so does that mean that dolphins/pats stuff won't be auction off?

They are going to put the jerseys up asap they said because they want to get the money in the 9/11 foundations right away. So they should be up this week some time.

I tried to go on to NFL auctions about an hour or so ago and the site was crashed. Def flooded with noobies trying to win stuff and bid up prices. SMH

masp3392
09-11-2011, 06:07 PM
I didn't mean every single jersey. Should have been more specific but then again who knows, we will have to wait and see.

I wonder if the dolphins and pats will wear the 9/11 patch seeing as to how they are playing on 9/12. Green bay saints didn't wear the patch so does that mean that dolphins/pats stuff won't be auction off?

They are going to put the jerseys up asap they said because they want to get the money in the 9/11 foundations right away. So they should be up this week some time.

I tried to go on to NFL auctions about an hour or so ago and the site was crashed. Def flooded with noobies trying to win stuff and bid up prices. SMH

yeah so far no jerseys, as the OP said earlier, it sucks that your competing with people who mostly likely dont do this for a hobby. obviously all in all its for a great cause but, rediculous prices are sure to arise. Hopefully no $7000 fiasco's for john beck jerseys happen :D

Dolphins23
09-11-2011, 06:38 PM
haha masp Pennington is so proud of Teddy Ginn right now. So proud

I can hear pennington now saying my favorite NFL audio ever. "Thata boy TED GINN" his famous side line convo with Ted Ginn!

Aloving77
09-11-2011, 06:48 PM
I didn't mean every single jersey.

Every- Constituting each and all members of a group without exception.

masp3392
09-11-2011, 06:57 PM
haha masp Pennington is so proud of Teddy Ginn right now. So proud

I can hear pennington now saying my favorite NFL audio ever. "Thata boy TED GINN" his famous side line convo with Ted Ginn!

lmao :D

Mulligans
09-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Definitely not all the jerseys.

I won't bother with the charity auction because it's open to anyone and everyone and you end up bidding against WAY more people than you would with an auction house, hence ridiculous prices.

I'm with Rick....the prices are going to be insane! They have been advertising on National TV all afternoon......

I bet half of these buyers expect the Jerseys to be washed:D.....Should be hilarious when they open the package and it smells and looks like shit!

BU54CB
09-11-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm with Rick....the prices are going to be insane! They have been advertising on National TV all afternoon......

I bet half of these buyers expect the Jerseys to be washed:D.....Should be hilarious when they open the package and it smells and looks like shit!

I refuse to bid on NFL auctions items, the prices for authentic signed jerseys are unreasonable, GU items are even worse. I'd rather wait for them to hit the secondary market down the line where I can pay more realistic prices.

Dolphins23
09-11-2011, 08:16 PM
I refuse to bid on NFL auctions items, the prices for authentic signed jerseys are unreasonable, GU items are even worse. I'd rather wait for them to hit the secondary market down the line where I can pay more realistic prices.

AGREED 100%. Mulligans that would be a priceless facial expression for those rich prix

masp3392
09-11-2011, 08:25 PM
AGREED 100%. Mulligans that would be a priceless facial expression for those rich prix

WAIT A SECOND! ... I paid $5000 for a Rex Grossman Jersey that has grass stains and rips everywhere! ;)

sox83cubs84
09-11-2011, 09:37 PM
WAIT A SECOND! ... I paid $5000 for a Rex Grossman Jersey that has grass stains and rips everywhere! ;)

Hey...Rex had a good game and the Redskins won! The needle is starting to point up!;)

Dave Miedema

masp3392
09-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Hey...Rex had a good game and the Redskins won! The needle is starting to point up!;)

Dave Miedema

lol

#1 - he's a former gator so I automatically have the right as a canes fan to make fun of him and write him off
#2 - I wouldn't pay $25 for a rex gamer if i had the chance lol

Dolphins23
09-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Ughh just when I thought the Jets were down and out. Watch now the Dolphins will be only 0-1 team in division. SMH

masp3392
09-12-2011, 02:24 AM
they already got eli manning's 9/11 jersey up as well as fred davis from the skins

jake33
09-12-2011, 05:50 AM
NFL auctions has $3,000 ALREADY FOR A ISSUES/RETAIL GAME BALL? Am I missing something here?

First jerseys that hit auction will go very high, but hopefully they go down in price as the auctions roll into November. Hoping Bucs jerseys aren't the first listed.

hockeytigers
09-12-2011, 07:47 AM
There is an Eli Manning jersey up already... You better be willing to open your wallet to get one of these... :)

jhunt28
09-12-2011, 08:07 AM
NFL auctions has $3,000 ALREADY FOR A ISSUES/RETAIL GAME BALL? Am I missing something here?

First jerseys that hit auction will go very high, but hopefully they go down in price as the auctions roll into November. Hoping Bucs jerseys aren't the first listed.

$3,000 for a retail ball is just the beginning I think. This is not an auction for collectors, it's a charity for one of the most horrific days in the history of our country. I would think that common players go for a minimum of $1k, with stars most likely starting in the $3k-5k range...You won't be finding any bargains in this auction.

kprst6
09-12-2011, 08:12 AM

I honestly hate how NFL collectors "Love" unwashed jerseys. I would much rather have a jersey worn and washed for 8 home games that show actual wear, than a jersey that was artificially created to be a 1 of 20 (4 pre-season and 16 regular season games) just so you can have an unwashed jersey.

Mulligans
09-12-2011, 08:57 AM
I think NFL Auctions is going to have a huge problem....Unaware Buyers are flocking to the website and just randomly bidding on stuff.....I assume that they think that it is "game used".....Run a query by price and you should see what I mean......They are paying insane prices for run of the mill signed memorabilia...... probably thinking it is the real deal because they saw it on TV!

34swtns
09-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Another thing: watch and see how many of these items get re-listed and re-listed because "amateur Joe Schmoe" is bidding, winning and then not paying.

The upside to most of our usual auction houses is that it's a little tougher to register and participate than in NFL Auctions.

jhunt28
09-12-2011, 09:22 AM
I think NFL Auctions is going to have a huge problem....Unaware Buyers are flocking to the website and just randomly bidding on stuff.....I assume that they think that it is "game used".....Run a query by price and you should see what I mean......They are paying insane prices for run of the mill signed memorabilia...... probably thinking it is the real deal because they saw it on TV!

WOW...I thought that there were only going to be huge prices paid for the 9/11 items...someone is bidding $4k for a signed Ray Lewis Pro Line helmet, whos proceeds don't even go to the 9/11 charity...YIKES

kprst6
09-12-2011, 09:28 AM
WOW...I thought that there were only going to be huge prices paid for the 9/11 items...someone is bidding $4k for a signed Ray Lewis Pro Line helmet, whos proceeds don't even go to the 9/11 charity...YIKES

Yeah and then in about 6 months when friends and family make fun of their "game used helmet" since it's not game used, it will show up on eBay as being game used for $4,000 and some other idiot will buy it.

I honestly wish I knew who was bidding on this helmet. Heck, 4 people all bid over $2,500 for it. I would be more than willing to sell them each 2 full size helmets for only $2,000.

jake33
09-12-2011, 11:25 AM
If the auction strings out to Christmas, you will see prices drop on a lot of common players. A few years ago, NFL auctions had the 2009 Bucs london jerseys, sell from December 2009-March of 2010 at a rate of 2-3 per week. By February, I was getting them for $150 a piece.

I assume there is someone (or many) out there saying that they want 1 game used ribbon jersey from each team though.

I heard of NFL auctions doing this in late July this year and already put $1,500 aside for Bucs jerseys of Michael Koenen, Cody Grimm and Corey Lynch. 3 basically no-namers, but if those got listed first on NFL auctions, $1000 minimum will be the rate per jersey, that I'd be lucky to get $200 on ebay in 2 years. As soon as I saw, NFL run an add during the game, I knew this wouldn't be good for prices be somewhat reasonable.

NFL requested 10 jerseys per team. Who know what they will get. What helps is NFL auctions is ran by a VERY small staff. They cannot possibly do this is a very fast manner, making it opefully string out to at least thanksgiving.

masp3392
09-12-2011, 06:04 PM
to get this in a more festive mood,

has anyone seen any other 9/11 jersey's on other auction sites besides the couple on nfl auctions?

gingi79
09-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Someone asked in the Pats and Fish would wear 9/11 patch on Monday night. They are not. Just an FYI

masp3392
09-12-2011, 06:39 PM
Someone asked in the Pats and Fish would wear 9/11 patch on Monday night. They are not. Just an FYI

i know its technically not the day but the whole weekend through monday should have had 9/11 memorial patches