PDA

View Full Version : back to the future sneakers

joshmiller0
09-09-2011, 08:39 PM
http://nikemag.ebay.com/?_trksid=p5197.m1256

Amazing!

cliffjmp33
09-09-2011, 09:55 PM
LOVE IT! But I don't have 5G laying around. Only if I had a Delorean and a Sports Almanac!

My favorite part of the auction are the below Q/A...

Q: WERE THE 2011 NIKE MAG SHOES USED IN THE FILM BACK TO THE FUTURE PART II?
The 2011 NIKE MAG shoes are movie prop replicas inspired by the Nike shoes appearing in the 1989 film Back to the Future Part II. The 2011 NIKE MAG shoes are not designed or intended for normal wear and use as footwear.

Q: DO THE 2011 NIKE MAG SHOES POWER-LACE?
No. For the power-lace feature you will have to wait until 2015.

joshmiller0
09-09-2011, 10:06 PM
LOVE IT! But I don't have 5G laying around. Only if I had a Delorean and a Sports Almanac!

My favorite part of the auction are the below Q/A...

Q: WERE THE 2011 NIKE MAG SHOES USED IN THE FILM BACK TO THE FUTURE PART II?
The 2011 NIKE MAG shoes are movie prop replicas inspired by the Nike shoes appearing in the 1989 film Back to the Future Part II. The 2011 NIKE MAG shoes are not designed or intended for normal wear and use as footwear.

Q: DO THE 2011 NIKE MAG SHOES POWER-LACE?
No. For the power-lace feature you will have to wait until 2015.

These are going for over 12k in some of the auctions.. I'm sure these will go for a lot. At least the money is going towards a good cause...

cliffjmp33
09-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Fully agreed, money going to a great cause. Glad to see Nike doing that. And they auctioned the first pair off the other night at some event and a musician (rapper I never hear of I believe) bought the first pair for $35G+!!! I think TMZ had something about it. Very cool all the way around.

gingi79
09-10-2011, 12:30 AM
In my opinion, BTTF 2 was the weakest of the 3. I would much rather contact on of the dealers who specialize in DeLoreans (Long Island has one. I have seen his shop and he sells grey and I even saw the anamoly, he has actual red ones. Only real car fans knew they even exist)

You could buy one, in less than museum but drivable condition for less than the price of non-working but screen replica condition.

OaklandAsFan
09-10-2011, 12:41 AM
the first pair was up to almost 80k when I saw it last night.

Dolphins23
09-10-2011, 01:53 AM
My grandpa died with Parkinson's I would love to get a pair to help support Michael J Fox fondation, for Parkinsons if a very sad diesease and we hope to find a cure for it very soon. That being said I wish I could afford them right now. I would do it for my late great Grandpa :(

mad87man
09-11-2011, 10:17 AM
I am very glad that Nike auctioned these off. Now people might think its crazy but look at it this way. If Nike sells these in stores in limited numbers and says the money goes to a foundation, you have a fixed price. How much? 100$? 200? No one really knows what the supply will be. After that you know people will just throw them on ebay to make a quick buck. So Nike just cut out the middle man and made sure all the money goes to the foundation and not someones pocket.