PDA

View Full Version : Interesting NFL Uniform update for this year.....

Mulligans
09-07-2011, 09:18 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/6937142/uni-watch-ponders-nike-future-nfl-jersey-design

masp3392
09-07-2011, 09:36 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/6937142/uni-watch-ponders-nike-future-nfl-jersey-design

wow great info, thanks for the post jeff

curious to see if nike will screw up traditional uniforms. I dont know if you guy saw, i cant remember where but if you search "nfl pro combat" there's a slideshow of nfl uniforms in the "pro combat" style format and almost 90% of them are hideous.

very interested to see where nike's designs will lead

34swtns
09-07-2011, 09:47 PM
The biggest change will simply be the manufacturer's logo.
Teams won't be changing their uniforms just because a different company is making them.

mad87man
09-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Pretty cool news. To bad nothing on the Jets though.

masp3392
09-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Teams won't be changing their uniforms just because a different company is making them.

doesn't nike have a "tighter fit" than reebok? i feel like alot of nfl teams have a loose fit jersey.

if you follow college football alot of the uniforms are by nike and they are the tightest fit possible. the most tight fitting jersey i would think is the jaguars uni's

Dolphins23
09-07-2011, 10:08 PM
If NFL teams can't tweak there jerseys unless 5 years have passed thats a good thing for Dolphins fans because we just had a jersey tweak with the navy border thinning only a few years ago. I have a feeling the Dolphins jersey will be one of the designs that drasticly changes because I keep hearing a lot of people are sick of the Navy border. I really hope they don't change them : (

otismalibu
09-07-2011, 10:11 PM

Do they even make them? I was under the impression they only make the fan gear, but simply pay to have their logo & tags on the game jerseys.

ivo610
09-07-2011, 10:15 PM

They wont be made in Berlin, Wi anymore?

masp3392
09-07-2011, 11:13 PM
If NFL teams can't tweak there jerseys unless 5 years have passed thats a good thing for Dolphins fans because we just had a jersey tweak with the navy border thinning only a few years ago. I have a feeling the Dolphins jersey will be one of the designs that drasticly changes because I keep hearing a lot of people are sick of the Navy border. I really hope they don't change them : (

i dont mind it so much, but i would like to change the all teal jerseys, i fell like its just way to plain.

we wore them all preseason long and to me they are the worst we have.

the orange alternates need to become a regular! :D

masp3392
09-07-2011, 11:20 PM
here's the link to the circulating (rumored) nike uniforms for 2012

http://jockpost.com/nfl-nike-uniforms-2012-real-fake/

Shipp_96
09-08-2011, 12:13 AM
It has been confirmed that the designs are fake.

Still, not going to lie, I REALLY like the Eagles, Titans, Bengals (all better than what they have now!) the Seahawks and Pats. But the Browns, WOW, I mean hands down the BEST ;)!

BU54CB
09-08-2011, 12:40 AM
Here's the thing, despite a change in manufacturer, I can't forsee that many changes in NFL uniforms. This isn't college FB where teams are getting free uniforms or sponsorship.

In the NFL, the sponsorship is the logo on the uniform, teams in the NFL aren't going to change their trademark uniforms as easily as college teams.

There are teams such as the Bears, Steelers, and Raiders (among other teams) that will tell Nike or any other contractor who make NFL uniforms for the league that there will be no changes to their jerseys. That doesn't mean that the fabrics won't change, but the basic design will remain the same.

There are too many teams in the NFL that are branded by both name and jersey design that it would be silly to give up their branding for the sake of change.

masp3392
09-08-2011, 12:42 AM
Here's the thing, despite a change in manufacturer, I can't forsee that many changes in NFL uniforms. This isn't college FB where teams are getting free uniforms or sponsorship.

In the NFL, the sponsorship is the logo on the uniform, teams in the NFL aren't going to change their trademark uniforms as easily as college teams.

There are teams such as the Bears, Steelers, and Raiders (among other teams) that will tell Nike or any other contractor who make NFL uniforms for the league that there will be no changes to their jerseys. That doesn't mean that the fabrics won't change, but the basic design will remain the same.

There are too many teams in the NFL that are branded by both name and jersey design that it would be silly to give up their branding for the sake of change.

i agree with this, it will just be a tighter fit fabric i guess.

but yeah no way in hell traditional teams will change their design

BU54CB
09-08-2011, 12:42 AM

Well said

Mulligans
09-08-2011, 04:42 AM
I was less interested about the new styles and more interested in the new captains patches for this year and number of alternate, throwback or patch jerseys that may now be available through the teams or NFL Auctions.

LastingsMilledge85
09-08-2011, 10:34 AM
i agree with this, it will just be a tighter fit fabric i guess.

but yeah no way in hell traditional teams will change their design

They have had tighter fit jerseys in the NFL for a few seasons now. The Giants and Jaguars were them as a team as well as several Colts players. The Packers had Jermichael Finley and Brandon Chillar wear them a season or two ago.

masp3392
09-08-2011, 01:13 PM
They have had tighter fit jerseys in the NFL for a few seasons now. The Giants and Jaguars were them as a team as well as several Colts players. The Packers had Jermichael Finley and Brandon Chillar wear them a season or two ago.

i stand corrected

forgot all about the giants jersey's and colts as well

Dolphins23
09-08-2011, 02:59 PM
i dont mind it so much, but i would like to change the all teal jerseys, i fell like its just way to plain.

we wore them all preseason long and to me they are the worst we have.

the orange alternates need to become a regular! :D

See Masp I'm a traditionalist and I prefer the White all the time becasue the White tops with green pants with striped socks are the best phins unis ever to be worn! IMO. I'm not a big fan of the orange tops, I much rather wear teal then orange. IDK what the dolphins are doing wearing teal all preseason and for the home opener. They need to go back to the Marino days like they did at Atlanta and wear the white tops green pants, white socks, orange/black or orange/white shoes. I hope they never change the white tops. I really like what they did with thinning the navy border and its awsome looking on the white unis! The reason I started to watch the phins was because when I was little I would alwasy catch the Jets/Phins games on local TV beofre they had NFL ticket and I would say to myself wow Ricky looks good in that white uniform! I love the Teal numbers, just gives the impression of that nice see through florida tropic water.

Imagine Nike puts dolphins holograms built into the teal and white numbers hahahaha almost like the carbon fiber pattern that oregon does. How funny and gross would that be at the same time. I can so see NIKE doing something stupid like that. Just like if you remember the NBA jerseys from the 90s how more then half were cartoon looking jersey logos (keep in mind they were my favorite and many on this boards fav) like the Grizzlies, Raptors, Pistons, Sonics, ex.... I can so see NIKE going cartoon but modern cartoon on us! And it would be funny to see because it will do nothing but increase the value of all my dolphin gamers because they will be considered one of the greatest throwbacks ever!

Great topic Mulligans, sorry for my rants guys but in all honesty there will be no major changes if any to mostly all the jerseys because like the O.G article stated many teams are tradionalists.

P.S that one year in 03 when phins wore there throwback unis on thanksgiving was pretty cool. Try finding one of those gamers for sale! Good luck! Its cool when teams bust out throwbacks like once every 10 years. As well as anny patches. I'm hoping the next time we wear an Anny patch its on the current style jersey, becasue the dolphins always come up with really cool patches for there unis. And almost everyone can agree on that. Another really cool teams patches would be Chiefs, Jaguars and Titans. While some teams come up with awful anny patches circa 2001 or whatever year THE BROWNS came along with that blocky square big huge patch for 60 years hahaha. That thing was a menace to society and the owner and design crew must have been drinking juice in the hood.