PDA

View Full Version : finally got my Braun 2011 bat

zookerman182
09-07-2011, 06:17 PM
....and its a HR bat!!!

The date on the end of the barrel is 7/26/11 and the date on the MLB holo is 7/30.

I went into mlb.tv and found that Braun cracked a bat in his last at bat on 7/27 and that bat had no markings on it at all.

Then in his first at bat on 7/28 i noticed small dirt clumps on the mid-upper barrel. Those dirt clumps are also present in his second at bat of the game and on my bat with which he hit his 21st HR of the year and 149th of his career. It was a 420 foot blast to right center.

Bob Tex also found me this great shot of Braun's followthrough swing from the HR at bat.

The only 3 things on it that matchup are the sharpie dot on the mid handle, the dirt clump just above the SAM logo, and the last one is hard to see but its a strange shape of wood near the end of the bat on the barrel.

I'm working on screen shots from these 3 games so i'll have much better matches once i get those. But i couldnt be happier.

Renee Krebes hooked me up!

GO BREWERS

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k583/zook182/braunhrmatch.jpg
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k583/zook182/P9070006.jpg

schillingfan
09-07-2011, 07:19 PM
As I said on FCB, it looks great. Congrats!

maverick14
09-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Sweet looking bat

Trublubrucru
10-03-2011, 09:09 PM
" I couldn't be happier".... Well, looks like selling it on Ebay 3 weeks later made you a bit happier.

yanks12025
10-03-2011, 09:12 PM
" I couldn't be happier".... Well, looks like selling it on Ebay 3 weeks later made you a bit happier.

That's most of this forum, you say you love an item and then sell it right away.

gorilla777
10-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Yep, that is funny, churn 'em and burn 'em!

frikativ54
10-03-2011, 09:41 PM
To be fair, people's circumstances change. He could have to sell after losing a job, his car could have just broken down, or he could have just found his holy grail. Truth is we don't know what motivates someone to sell.

Trublubrucru
10-03-2011, 10:04 PM
If he wanted to get out of the deal, why did he list it for 2 1\2 times what he paid? Sorry, I ain't buying that story. Guys like him are why teams have been raising their prices on game used.

zookerman182
10-03-2011, 10:06 PM
yeah keep it going guys

im bad for the hobby

yankees506
10-03-2011, 10:30 PM
yeah keep it going guys

im bad for the hobby

you sure are, dont post like you have a "white whale" for you collection then we see it on ebay for an insane price. you hit the nail on the head "bad for the hobby" your words, not ours

zookerman182
10-03-2011, 10:35 PM
you sure are, dont post like you have a "white whale" for you collection then we see it on ebay for an insane price. you hit the nail on the head "bad for the hobby" your words, not ours

this is really making me laugh.

I bought the bat for $1000
I paid Kyle $80 to photomatch it and send pictures.
I paid $40 for shipping.
I paid another $270 for PDA/DNA to give me a LOA.

After ebay fees i took home 1375.50 on the bat.

I LOST MONEY ON THE BAT PEOPLE.

And at the time i got it, i had zero plans to move it, but something did come up where i had no choice but to list a 3 day auction and hope for the best.

The piling on in this thread is amazing.

Like nobody else here has ever had to sell an item to pay for other things going on in their life.

yankees506
10-03-2011, 10:40 PM
you started a thread where you showed us your neat bat and then its being sold, we have seen this a few times already so i hope you can see where some of us are coming from. by no means was anyone out to get you or single you out but you must know by now that collectors dont take kindly to people flipping items in such a way.

Titans74
10-03-2011, 10:40 PM
That's what happens when you get these so called baseball card "prospectors", who try to flip every card for a quick buck on Ebay, buying game used with no real love or passion for it. Everything is "how much can I make?". They are bad for the hobby. They ruined the card collecting hobby and, if allowed, will do the same to the game used market.

There are very few TRUE collectors left these days.

zookerman182
10-03-2011, 10:46 PM
you started a thread where you showed us your neat bat and then its being sold, we have seen this a few times already so i hope you can see where some of us are coming from. by no means was anyone out to get you or single you out but you must know by now that collectors dont take kindly to people flipping items in such a way.

I thought the word flipping was only used to indicate a profit was made.
My mistake.

kellsox
10-04-2011, 06:33 AM
this is really making me laugh.

I bought the bat for $1000
I paid Kyle $80 to photomatch it and send pictures.
I paid $40 for shipping.
I paid another $270 for PDA/DNA to give me a LOA.

After ebay fees i took home 1375.50 on the bat.

I LOST MONEY ON THE BAT PEOPLE.

And at the time i got it, i had zero plans to move it, but something did come up where i had no choice but to list a 3 day auction and hope for the best.

The piling on in this thread is amazing.

Like nobody else here has ever had to sell an item to pay for other things going on in their life.

Out of curiosity, why would someone pay 270 for someone to "authenticate" a bat that has already been authenticated by MLB and been matched to several screenshots from games?

zookerman182
10-04-2011, 07:18 AM
I was authenticating the HR part of the bat, not the usage of the bat itself.

I was also going to display the LOA with the bat and i wanted to have the bat as well dicumented as possible in case anything was to happen to me and someone was left with the task of having to sell it.

Its the best bat i'll probably ever own, and i wish i didnt need to sell it so soon. But i was able to break even on it and now i can take care of the things i need to take care of so i'll just move on from there.

SkubeBats
10-04-2011, 09:57 AM
I do know for a fact that Renee Krebs of the Brewers team store doesn't like it at when people buy the items and turn around and sell them for a profit. That's the big reason her pricess just keep going up. There was another local collector and GUU member that just kept buying Brewers GU through her and reselling it and this upset her. She watches cracigslist, GUU & EBAY to see if items she sells are relisted. If this keeps up no one will ever be able to afford anything from the Brewers.

Titans74
10-04-2011, 10:30 AM

I was also going to display the LOA with the bat and i wanted to have the bat as well dicumented as possible in case anything was to happen to me and someone was left with the task of having to sell it.

Its the best bat i'll probably ever own, and i wish i didnt need to sell it so soon. But i was able to break even on it and now i can take care of the things i need to take care of so i'll just move on from there.

Which was it? Did you lose money, as previously stated, or did you break even? Out of curiousity, how old are you? I would guess early to mid 40's atleast before one starts worrying about "something happening" to them. Sorry, just not buying any of it. Nothing personal against you, but your story isn't jiving. It looks that much more that you got a good deal on a bat, realized it was a HR bat and flipped it (with Braun in the playoffs) for a quick profit.

happyyoungster
10-04-2011, 10:34 AM
I won't take sides, but, I will say this...

Skubebats is correct with his comments regarding Renee.
She's amazing to deal with AND she's watching what's going on out there.

I'm in the process of putting pictures together of my Ryan Braun collection.
I want her to know that this Brauny collector isn't tempted by a potential profit.

spartanservitto
10-04-2011, 10:54 AM
It does stink, I see it with Tigers stuff, I love being able to document my items and get something at a decent price and be able to match the bat to a home run etc. I hate seeing re-sale affect people who actually like to collect. It is his item though and he should be able to do what he likes with it.

-Tony

brewcrew
10-04-2011, 10:55 AM
I do know for a fact that Renee Krebs of the Brewers team store doesn't like it at when people buy the items and turn around and sell them for a profit. That's the big reason her pricess just keep going up. There was another local collector and GUU member that just kept buying Brewers GU through her and reselling it and this upset her. She watches cracigslist, GUU & EBAY to see if items she sells are relisted. If this keeps up no one will ever be able to afford anything from the Brewers.

Wow, that's totally not cool. The prices are at the top of my budget anyway, and I want to be able to keep buying from them. Renee is great to deal with and I can imagine why this upsets her. I tell her I'm a collector without a big budget and she probably believes me, but who knows who's trying to pull a fast one?

That being said, I don't think it's fair for us to say whether the OP meant to flip this bat or not. It sounds like it was something he wasn't planning on selling. But no matter what the motivation, clearly this is something the organization is keeping an eye on.

Note to Renee - I'm holding onto the items you sold me. No way will I sell them unless I face dire economic circumstances. And even then, I'd probably sell a kidney first. ;)

zookerman182
10-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Which was it? Did you lose money, as previously stated, or did you break even? Out of curiousity, how old are you? I would guess early to mid 40's atleast before one starts worrying about "something happening" to them. Sorry, just not buying any of it. Nothing personal against you, but your story isn't jiving. It looks that much more that you got a good deal on a bat, realized it was a HR bat and flipped it (with Braun in the playoffs) for a quick profit.

I lost $15 on the bat in the end.

I made zero profit.

I dont know how many times i have to say i didnt make any money on this sale.

Also i dont know many people willing to lay down $1000 on a braun bat in the first place. Which is what i did.

If i made a killing on the bat then i could see why people would be upset.

All i did was re-sell a bat i bought and lost money on it.

And it is personal against me if you keep questioning my story and coming back at me with every post and asking how old i am. Just back it down buddy.

kellsox
10-04-2011, 12:03 PM

Sounds like bat authentication is the business to get into these days. All the homework for this bat had been done- mlb holo, clear photomatches(which were paid for), etc.. The authenticator puts the pretty pictures on a paper and gets $270?????? Nice!

dcgreg25
10-04-2011, 02:01 PM
This thread appears to have run its course. I hate to beat a dead horse but at the bottom of every page on the forum it says:

"This forum was originally created by Eric Stangel as a way to bring game used collectors together and help hobbyists educate each other."

The forum rules also state that "It is expected that all posts are to be created with a sincere attempt to benefit the hobby." I would continue to urge forum members to keep the above in mind when starting or responding to any threads.