PDA

View Full Version : If there are any football experts with knowledge of ProBowl jerseys, can you please contact me

hockeytigers
09-05-2011, 10:07 PM
I am looking at purchasing a "Game Issued" probowl jersey. I am being told it is one of the 4 that the player gets. Is there any way to tell these jerseys apart from the authentic retail jerseys?

Please email me at chris at toprecruitkicking dot com

Thanks,
Chris

Dolphins23
09-06-2011, 01:15 AM
Team and player? Also list the size of jersey/year and style

Dolphins23
09-06-2011, 01:15 AM
pro bowl jerseys are the most faked jerseys. Esp pro-cut as they call them Sean Taylors!

cohibasmoker
09-06-2011, 06:00 AM
I am looking at purchasing a "Game Issued" probowl jersey. I am being told it is one of the 4 that the player gets. Is there any way to tell these jerseys apart from the authentic retail jerseys?

Please email me at chris at toprecruitkicking dot com

Thanks,
Chris

Can't say for sure if there is a way to tell the difference but perhaps the history of the offered jersey will help. For example, I have a Pro Bowl jersey that has glue marks on the back of it. As the story goes, the original Seller acquired the jersey along with other personal effects when the player's storage locker was auctioned off to the highest bidder. The jersey was framed but because the frame was so large, it was removed from the frame and just the jersey was sold - thus the glue marks.

For me, the question was, would a player frame a team-issued jersey or a jersey he actually wore in a game?

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

PS - On my jersey, on the inside seam, there is a small Wilson tag with the letters "ZH". These letters date the jersey to January 1995 - this tag matches the patch on the front of the jersey. NOT sure if this tag is on retail jerseys or not.

hockeytigers
09-06-2011, 06:46 AM
Here are the images. I know it is not game used or even the backup, but I was told it was one of the 4 that the players receive. Any thoughts?

Dolphins23
09-06-2011, 11:30 AM
It looks okay to me. I would just double check on a second opinion for I'm not sure how many jerseys they recieve.

808jerseys
09-06-2011, 01:20 PM
A Pro bowl player will only get 2 jerseys, when game is played in Hawaii .

Dolphins23
09-06-2011, 01:32 PM
A Pro bowl player will only get 2 jerseys, when game is played in Hawaii .

Thats what I thought it was. Good to know that

hockeytigers
09-06-2011, 03:21 PM
I thought I read an article a while back saying the players got 4 jerseys...are you sure it's only 2?

808jerseys
09-06-2011, 03:58 PM
ive only seen 2 hangin in those lockers, for years. Marshall Faulk,Brent Jones, & others through the years only got 2 ( couple of the many players that was cool with me)

cohibasmoker
09-06-2011, 08:12 PM
I thought I read an article a while back saying the players got 4 jerseys...are you sure it's only 2?

I just saw this auction on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ravens-ed-reed-probowl-game-issued-4-extra-length-/160648469729?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2567651ce1

Dolphins23
09-06-2011, 08:22 PM
how much credability can you give a guy on eBay with 40 feedback though? I wouldn't trust it. I'm not saying hes wrong, in fact hes probably telling the truth. But for that amount of money I would want factual eviedence, not bank on what some guy says. He should have taken pictures of the store in Hawaii that sells the players issued jerseys this way people can have a little more proof. I've never ever heard that each player gets 6 jeseys. That seems like wayyyy to many.

Dolphins23
09-06-2011, 08:23 PM
and if he bought from a retail store that sells NFL game issued gear shouldn't they 100% come with an LAO or COA?

Dolphins23
09-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Oh and I wanted to ask, were the pro-bowl jerseys dri-fit material? Because I see some pro-bowls wiht dry fit and others with the dazzle mesh.

I also see some team authentics from JO sports with dri-fit material like the chiefs, and some chiefs with regular Micro-mesh.

Can someone clear this up for me and other members who might want to know as well. Thank you.

808jerseys
09-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Each PB player will order his own jersey, cut , size & sleeves. (2)

As for the other jerseys sold in Hawaii, the Pro Bowl store orders the most popular players. The pre-orders determine their populatity of added jerseys to be sold to the public.

NEFAN
09-07-2011, 11:55 AM
I have been burned on a pro-bowl "game issued" jersey before. I wouldn't take a chance on it.

Dolphins23
09-07-2011, 12:50 PM
I have been burned on a pro-bowl "game issued" jersey before. I wouldn't take a chance on it.

Agreed unless your an expert on them I wouldn't risk a pro-bowl jersey. Just to risky as far as fakes.

BamaHater
09-07-2011, 11:38 PM
In the past there was an Ebay Seller masauction (http://myworld.ebay.com/masauction) who had connections with the people in Hawaii and the Pro Bowl. He would order "pro cut" jerseys of the popular players in different sizes. These were exactly like what was worn on the field except the sizes were not exactly what the players wore. He sold them in 48+4 and 52+4. I bought a Mario Williams from him. In the past he bought alot and ended selling them pretty cheap on Ebay the longer he sat on the stock. I think last year he sent emails to anyone who has bought one and took orders and only bought that amount as to mot have leftover stock.
Here is my jersey.
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n310/BamaHater/PICT2498.jpg
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n310/BamaHater/PICT2503.jpg
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n310/BamaHater/PICT2502.jpg