PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XL Ball Steelers vs. Seahawks)... What is this???

commando
09-05-2011, 07:11 PM
This Super Bowl XL Wilson football was signed by Jerome Bettis (his last NFL game). The real question here is the area that has been circled in the photo. What is the significance of the "O" that is printed just below the air valve?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

jppopma
09-05-2011, 10:02 PM
If it's a game used ball, referees will often make a small mark on the ball after inspecting them. It can be an initial or other notation; in this case a small circle.

If it's just signed...who knows.

cohibasmoker
09-06-2011, 05:32 AM
If the mark is laser-printed into the football, I believe this mark signifies that the ball is a blem. Wilson will mark "blemished" footballs with either the word "blem" or a small circle placed by the air-hole. This is what I've been told and just an opinion.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

Dolphins23
09-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Paul tagliabu was commis during this superbowl? Wow could have sworn it was R.G, time flys!

NEFAN
09-06-2011, 01:29 PM
If the mark is laser-printed into the football, I believe this mark signifies that the ball is a blem. Wilson will mark "blemished" footballs with either the word "blem" or a small circle placed by the air-hole. This is what I've been told and just an opinion.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

I have been told the same thing.