PDA

View Full Version : Raptors 2000-01 Vince Carter: Pro cut vs Game Used

eugenepeabody
09-04-2011, 08:02 PM
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here. I've been reading the forum for months though and really enjoy all the useful information. I almost exclusively collect game worn hockey jerseys, but recently branched out with my first NBA game worn jersey. I'm thinking of getting a second one, but I have some questions that I haven't been able to find the answer to myself. Sorry if this is redundant.

I've been looking at getting a game worn Vince Carter jersey from his days with the Raptors. I see a lot of jerseys from the 2000-01 season for sale, however there was also a Pro Cut version sold that year. I'm having a hard time distinguishing a Pro Cut from a game worn.

It's my understanding that the Nike Pro Cuts were made in the USA, like the game worn, but the authentics were made in El Salvador. if this is true, how can I tell the difference from Pro cut and game worn? Some Carter jerseys have a team patch sewn into them stating it being game worn, but many do not.

Most Pro Cuts I see come in size 50 +4, did they all come in that size? Where as most of the game worn come in 52 +4. Is that a way to tell them apart?

Thanks for reading this and I appreciate your help as I timidely make my way into collecting basketball jerseys.