PDA

View Full Version : Steiner Lineup Card Clearance

BULBUS
09-02-2011, 01:57 PM
For those of you interested in Yankees/Red Sox/Cubs lineup cards from Steiner, they have a bunch on their website for 59.99. I purchased a Yankees card from the first game that I took my boys to in June.

yanks12025
09-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Thanks, picked up two of them

cjw
09-09-2011, 08:16 PM
*Re: Steiner Lineup Card Clearance
I tried to buy one of the advertised cards, listed last week and had nothing but a run around. Pretty disappointing.*

1) Called the Steiner sales line around 12 noon pacific time (3 EST) last Friday and was put on hold for a while (no problem). Then after a while, a recorded message came on indicating "Steiner offices were closed for the long weekend at 5pm today" ??? Hung up and dialed again, just to be treated to the same process.*

2) Went online and added the card I wanted into my "cart" and had to create an account. The form required that I fill in a US city, state and zip to move past the account set up page, even though I am a Canadian resident. Had to add a confusing, made up US address to my actual address to get to the shipping and payment pages (which were easy to navigate and had fields for non-US customers info).*

3) Ordered the card and rec'd a confirmation email from Steiner indicating that all was well and my order was being processed. I then sent an email to the "help desk" pointing out that i had to create a confusing address and wanted to be sure that the order would be shipped to the correct address. Heard nothing back until yesterday (following Thursday) more to follow on that.*

4) Called Steiner myself this week and was told by a sales rep "that my order couldn't be found in the system". I emailed the confirmation email i had rec'd earlier and the rep still couldn't find my order and stated that it must have been cancelled. I said, OK let's just create a new one. Nope - item I wanted is no longer available. Great! Rec'd a Luke warm apology for the hassles and was asked if i wanted to buy any other cards. Didn't.*

5) "help desk" followed up with me today and asked for my order info. I provided and just for fun, logged in to my account online to quickly see that not only could i find my order but it was still "being processed". Was told -"that item is no longer available" and "do you want to buy any others?" and "web form/adress issue would be sent to IT for review". No apology, no thanks for the heads up, no mention of the almost week long runaround.*

This was my first attempt to become a Steiner customer and imam afraid that it will also, unfortunately, be my last.

short84
09-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Had a similar experience myself. Ordered two pair of Dallas Cowboys turf shoes Wednesday, August 24th at 7:55 am. Received a confirmation of my order immediately. I waited for shipping information which in the past I have received within 24 to 48 hours. When I didn't receive any by Friday, I logged into my account with my order number and email address and received a message that my web order number was not in the proper format. I checked again on Monday and received the same message. I had planned to donate both pairs to a MD Labor Day auction and when I did not receive any shipping updates or order information, I sent an email message to customer service asking for help. Never received a reply. I ended up sending 5 email messages and I left one voice mail requesting help but never received any reply. Finally on Tuesday, September 6, I received a message that my order had been shipped. I no longer needed the shoes and contacted customer service again -- this time I used fairly strong language ( I called them idiots) and finally got a reply. They intercepted the package and was supposed to refund my credit card. In the past I have been very pleased with the service I have received but lately it has sucked. This customer "no" service cost them a customer.

BULBUS
09-11-2011, 06:49 AM
I've had my share of problems when placing orders online, but this time I got my card quickly.