PDA

View Full Version : Need Greg Luzinski Records

chicagoglen
09-14-2006, 01:41 PM
I just bought this. Anyone know if it matched records?

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i255/chicagoglen/LuzinskiOne.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i255/chicagoglen/LuzinskiTwo.jpg

Thanks,

Glen

MSpecht
09-14-2006, 03:26 PM
Hi Glen..
It is very difficult to see the labeling on the photos, but it appears to be a 1980-1983 label period. If that is, in fact, the case, the following Hickory Finish R161 bats were shipped to Luzinski :

1/24/83 (24 bats), 2/10/83 (24), 3/10/83 (48), and 5/12/83 (12 - cupped end). All of the above bats were 35 inches in length and weighed 33 ounces except for the cupped bats, which were 35" / 32.5 oz.

Good Luck in future collecting.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

chicagoglen
09-14-2006, 03:47 PM
Mike,

Thanks so much. You are fast and your knowledge is greatly appreciated. I just started collecting game used and would not have attempted it unless I found this board.

Thanks again Mike,

Glen

MSpecht
09-15-2006, 09:37 AM
Welcome to the hobby Glen..it's one that can bring much enjoyment...and you made a great find with Game Used Universe... As you have undoubtedly seen, this site is filled with collectors who are unselfish in sharing their expertise with others -- all you need to do is ask...There is no single person who knows it all in this hobby, but there are many people who bring significant expertise to various areas of the hobby. My advice to you is to take the time to review the last 3 or 6 months of forum discussions and read closely the topics that touch on your area of collecting interest. That in itself will give you a good jump-off point in terms of basic background and significant issues of the area(s) you are interested in, be it bats, jerseys, hats, gloves, helmets, whatever.... There have also been some discussions over the past few months listing other resources immediately available, often on the internet, that you can find using the 'search' feature of this site...

Bottom line -- Welcome !!! Your participation as well as the active participation of members and guests is invaluable to all of us.

Good Luck in future collecting...

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com