PDA

View Full Version : My boy is BACK!

gingi79
08-31-2011, 02:51 PM
I'm sorry but I screamed and clapped my hands like a child this morning when I read my favorite ballplayer is back with my favorite team!

Matty Diaz has been traded back to the Braves for a player to be named.

Color me one happy fan (And anyone who wants to now unload a Bucs Diaz jersey, email me)

kylehess10
08-31-2011, 03:05 PM
I was just waiting for this post :D

Matt seems really happy about it too, according to him on Twitter. Hopefully he'll get an at-bat tonight! I believe he' heading back to Atlanta now so it'll be nice to finally see him back in a Braves uni

Birdbats
08-31-2011, 04:02 PM
I was at the Cards/Pirates game last Friday and had a chance to go on the field at Busch for BP. There was a family next to me dressed in Pirates gear and I noticed the son was holding a Diaz gamer. A few minutes later, Matt came out of the Pittsburgh dugout, walked to the family and started a conversation -- where they were from, how old the kids were, etc. He signed the bat (I assume a gift from BP) and balls that the daughters were holding. He was just beyond nice and very down to earth. I never knew much about Matt or followed his career, but after hearing his conversation with those kids, I have a ton of respect for him. Seems like a great guy. I'm sure the family is disappointed to see him go to Atlanta, but I wish Matt all the luck in the world (except when he plays the Cardinals).

asr1084
08-31-2011, 04:26 PM
Since we are on this topic............Jim Thome is back home in Cleveland. Welcome back T-HOME #25 where you belong......

kylehess10
08-31-2011, 05:52 PM
Matty was taking BP today...looks like he should play tonight

Shipp_96
08-31-2011, 09:02 PM
No offense, but as a Pirates fan, you can have him! Hope he does better now that he is back in ATL.

gingi79
08-31-2011, 09:24 PM
No offense, but as a Pirates fan, you can have him! Hope he does better now that he is back in ATL.

I think he was quite productive as a bench guy for them. I want to say I heard he was very well liked by the team and as a clubhouse gem.
All the same, I am pleased as punch to see him back with Los Bravos. He's hitting .667 with them lol.

Shipp_96
09-01-2011, 08:18 PM
We can agree to disagree on his tenure in the 'Burg. However, you might like this:

http://pirates.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=163126994&prmenbr=33335474&aunbr=163473704

gingi79
09-01-2011, 08:35 PM
We can agree to disagree on his tenure in the 'Burg. However, you might like this:

http://pirates.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=163126994&prmenbr=33335474&aunbr=163473704

The second collector who sent me the heads up. I love this site! Thank you for thinking of me.

corsairs22
09-01-2011, 09:44 PM
The second collector who sent me the heads up. I love this site! Thank you for thinking of me.

I think that most Pirates fan really like the guy. He's clever, humble about himself and generous in his comments about others. But when given the chance to play regularly, he couldn't do anything but occasionally single to right. But we Bucco fans were hoping for a little more offense from a corner outfielder. I'm glad that he's back where he can contribute. Tell him to say hi to Jack W for us.

freddiefreeman5
09-01-2011, 11:26 PM
I wish the Braves had never let Franceour go. It seems like they just gave up on him too soon.

AutographAddiction
09-13-2011, 03:29 PM
I love my boy Matt as well! At one of my first Braves game I spent my hard-earned cash on a Brown-bag autographed ball (ball signed by one unknown player-- could be a scrub or Chipper) and I got Matt. I've been a huge fan ever since. The few times I have met him he has been great!